PIP DLA TRANSFER — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP DLA TRANSFER

cwatson0000
cwatson0000 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
I turned 18on the 8th September and my DLA claim ended on the 7th September even though my claim for PIP is still being assessed. Is this lawful? It’s taken this long to get it done since I was 16 because moving from England to N Ireland and they suspended the re assessment for a while due to covid.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Here in the UK DLA should continue until a decision's been made on your PIP, providing you applied and returned your forms before the deadline.  I have no idea if this is the same for N. Ireland. You will need to ring DFC to ask them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Northern Ireland is part of the UK (but not Great Britain). I would be surprised if the rules for DLA to PIP transfer differ in NI but don’t know. It’s possible there are some extra rules for claimants moving from the ‘mainland’ to NI.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cwatson0000
    cwatson0000 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Hi guys just saying for anyone else who might I counter the same issue… I called today and they said when they do make a decision it will be back dated from the day after my DLA claim ended. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.