LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

mumma34
mumma34 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello my first post not to sure if this is right place . Was wondering if someone could give me some advise please . I have been getting UC since 20th august 2020 paid uc on 25th of month and first handed in my sick note 21st august 2020 every 3 months with no gaps , due to Covid I’ve just had my WCA and have been giving LCWRA confirmation letter 2 days ago  . I don’t understand the 3 month wait on evidence thing , is this evidence from when I filled out the form for the WCA or from when I handed my first sick note ? Wondering if I will get any extra payments now and if so when the back dated payments start ? Then I read it says no extra help/payments if you claimed uc after 3rd April 2017 u don’t get any extra ? If someone could help advise 

many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. Payment is then paid from the 4th month of your claim start from when you reported your health condition. For LCWRA the extra money is £343 per month.
    If you reported your heath condition on the date you first claimed UC (20th August) then your extra money should be backdated to December 2020. If you reported your health condition the same date you sent your first fit note then you're backdated money is from January.
    The no extra payments for claims that started after April 2017 apply to those that are awarded LCW.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mumma34
    edited September 2021
    Thankyou so much for your help I applied for uc on 20th august 2020 and then sent in my sick note 21st august 2020 ( so a day later ) would this be December or January thankyou 
  • mumma34
    edited September 2021
    Also sorry poppy I was reading that the sick notes you upload onto your journal are only to the job centre not DWP ? So does that mean the sick notes don’t cover as being evidence ? It sounds like only when DWP have revived the evidence forms for your WCA then the 3 month assessment starts ? Is this correct ? 
  • poppy123456
    mumma34 said:
    Thankyou so much for your help I applied for uc on 20th august 2020 and then sent in my sick note 21st august 2020 ( so a day later ) would this be December or January thankyou 

As advised, if you didn't report your health condition on the same date you applied for UC then your backdated money will be from January.
    mumma34 said:
    Also sorry poppy I was reading that the sick notes you upload onto your journal are only to the job centre not DWP ? So does that mean the sick notes don’t cover as being evidence ? It sounds like only when DWP have revived the evidence forms for your WCA then the 3 month assessment starts ? Is this correct ? 

No, that's not correct. The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition. You then get 7 days to send your fit note. Your local job centre is part of DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    mumma34 said:...I was reading that the sick notes you upload onto your journal are only to the job centre not DWP 
    JobCentre Plus is part of DWP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    mumma34 said:
    If you reported the health condition as part of your claim on 20th August the fact that you uploaded the Fit Note a day later doesn’t matter because you can self certify for 7 days. LCWRA would then be payable with the December payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    calcotti said:
    mumma34 said:
    If you reported the health condition as part of your claim on 20th August the fact that you uploaded the Fit Note a day later doesn’t matter because you can self certify for 7 days. LCWRA would then be payable with the December payment.
    Which was advised here...

If you reported your heath condition on the date you first claimed UC (20th August) then your extra money should be backdated to December 2020. If you reported your health condition the same date you sent your first fit note then you're backdated money is from January.

And again here..
    mumma34 said:

As advised, if you didn't report your health condition on the same date you applied for UC then your backdated money will be from January.
    mumma34 said:

No, that's not correct. The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition. You then get 7 days to send your fit note. Your local job centre is part of DWP.

• calcotti
    edited September 2021
    Which was advised ..
    I realise it’s already been advised but OP appears not to have understand so attempted further clarification.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.