DWP Phoned about PIP Appeal. What could it be about? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Phoned about PIP Appeal. What could it be about?

Options
kitkat94
kitkat94 Community member Posts: 34 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I am going through a PIP appeal at the moment, and DWP tried to contact me (Without warning of course so I didn't have time to answer) does anyone know what this phone call could be about??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

We could only guess what it was about so you would need to ring them and ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kitkat94
    Options
    It's good news!! they have decided a lapse appeal and gave me my award back for 2 years, happy days :) 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Great news. Are you happy with the award and length of time? 2 years is a very short award because you'll be contacted again in about 18 months for your review. You can actually accept the award and then start the Tribunal process again from the start. The time you wait will also start the scratch. It maybe worth getting some expert advice with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kitkat94
    Options
    I'm just happy I'm not struggling with money at the moment I guess, it would be nice to have a longer award. I'll have to contact my social worker about this as she's good with that stuff
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can appeal just the award length. DWP often pick an award length out of thin air and give short awards. When appealing the length you need to make it clear that it's the length of the award you're appealing. Not sure what experience or knowledge a Social Worker will have with things like this though.
  • kitkat94
    Options
    I might just appeal the award length as I have struggled for over 10 years with my mental health and nothing has changed, thank you for the advice :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's a thread here about appealing just the award length. It's quite long but will be worth you taking some time to have a read through because there's some very useful advice given from a member with over 30 years experience in Tribunals.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.