Best mobility scooters — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Best mobility scooters

Options
scootergirly
scootergirly Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Going shopping on Sunday for a mobility scooter needs to be lifted in and out of car by me have good ground clearance off board charging and do lots of miles am only 45 mil who’s 76 is treating me she doesn’t need one though!
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its hard to recommend as it is very dependant on the individual and if you want to take it on or off road and it is comfortable for you 

A good shop should be best to advise you 
  • TomD77
    TomD77 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Best way is to look for a guide how to buy mobility scooter (linked one for you as example) just be sure to read at least 3 different ones online. I remember I took my time going from seller to seller and asking lots questions. If that is not enough, you can also try contacting with the guys who sell or make them, as janer said, if they are normal guys, they should know that someone with disability or movement problems needs their stuff and should advise the best one, not the most expensive one. Hope that helps you.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, cost and your own abilities in lifting the parts when the boot scooter is separated down can be a deciding factor. Boot scooter are great for going around shopping malls ect smooth floors no kerbs ect. But f you want a bigger model either class 2 or 3 then a call to s company called Mobility Giant who have a great site for viewing on line and hire out scooters on a like for like service but cheaper than the mobility scheme.,All their scooters are ex mobility scooters fitted with new batteries, ect. I have used them myself I couldn’t fault them.
  • DelHug50
    DelHug50 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Wilko, going to check the website out now. 

Brightness