First time booking cinema ticket online - How do you purchase cinema ticket online — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

First time booking cinema ticket online - How do you purchase cinema ticket online

lws1511
lws1511 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2021 in Coffee lounge
Do you use mobile app and how do you find it?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I just find the cinema you want to go to through Google then just find the film you want to see and book the tickets 

You get email confirming which you show at the cinema to get in 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

My daughter loves going to the cinema, she has ASD and a learning disability. She goes to the Odeon and always buys tickets online. Fairly simple to do really, just choose your film, date and time. Then choose your seats and finally pay for the tickets you have. You will then be emailed confirmation. When you arrive just show them the email confirmation, which is your ticket. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lws1511
    Thank you @janer1967 and @poppy123456 they are very helpful comments

I am using my phone, have you tried booking through the mobile app?

• lws1511
    @poppy123456 thank you, that is very helpful, how often does she go to the cinema?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, she books through the app and she goes a few times a week. She has the limitless card so saves a fortune. She also has a CEA card so her carer has a free ticket because she never goes anywhere alone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lws1511
    @poppy123456 that is amazing I find the Odeon app a bit tricky to use
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I've never used the Odeon app, but would you be able to share a bit more about what you're finding tricky about it in terms of booking a ticket @lws1511? This might help us to help you find a solution.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • lws1511
    Was wondering if anyone experience any challenges like I had, finding it difficult to find AF film, can't use filter too
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lws1511 :) I've merged your two threads as they seemed to be about a similar topic. 

Do you think the app may be broken, or is it just difficult to use? I had a look on the browser version and it wouldn't let me select a cinema, location, or filter... Perhaps this is a wider issue? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • lws1511
    @Username_removed yea some of the cinema mobile app but I think Odeon does require you to insert your CEA number for purchasing an accessible seat. but it is difficult enough to find the right screening tho!
  • lws1511
    Yes, she books through the app and she goes a few times a week. She has the limitless card so saves a fortune. She also has a CEA card so her carer has a free ticket because she never goes anywhere alone.
    I find this really interesting, she managed to find screening okay? did she mention any challenges she faces when using the app?

Brightness