Deadline date; am I too late to request an MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Deadline date; am I too late to request an MR

abiclip
abiclip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I’m aware you can request an MR up to 13 months after a decision but I wondered if anyone knows how close to the deadline you can cut it? 
My decision letter was written on 22nd August 2020, it’s now 13 months bar a couple of days. 

If I sent off my MR request today, to arrive Monday, will they say it’s too late and not even look at it?
I know it goes to a sorting office and blah blah blah etc so takes ages and won’t get to a desk on Monday.

I just want to know if it’s too late to even try and if there are any other options for me? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    You can ring to Request the MR, which for you is a better idea. Even if you post it today it will likely take a few weeks to be added to the computer and be classed as arriving so by that time you will be outside of the maximum time.
    Do be aware thnough that they will only take into consideration what your conditions were like at the time the original decision was made. Any worsening of condition won't be considered.
    Is there any reason why you waited until the very last minute?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • abiclip
    abiclip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    There’s a number of reasons it’s so late but mostly it’s because of the time blindness associated with my ADD 

Do you know the number we ring and can someone ring on my behalf? Do you know if they are open at weekends? 
    Also if we ring does that then stop me being able to send more stuff in writing and what information will they ask when we ring?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    The PIP contact number is 0800 121 4433 This link suggests they only open Mon-Fri https://www.gov.uk/pip/change-of-circumstances sometimes they may work Saturday but not always. Someone can ring for you but you will need to go through security first and then pass the phone onto them.
    Whether they will wait for extra evidence is a different story but backlogs are huge at the moment so there maybe time to send extra information.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.