Do I send the original application form to the PIP trinbunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I send the original application form to the PIP trinbunal?

mjh2222
mjh2222 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi

Do I send the original application form to the PIP trinbunal?  Will they already have a copy of this?  Do I put the original application form as part of my appendices? If I do not include it they may not have it?

Thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You do not need to send anything to the tribunal service that you have previously sent to DWP. Once your tribunal is registered the tribunal service will instruct DWP to prepare a submission. This will include full details of your claim and copies of all the relevant communications from you to DWP and from DWP to you. This is usually referred to as a tribunal ‘bundle’. A copy will be sent to you. Apart from the paperwork it will include DWP response to your appeal.

When you receive the bundle you should check that there is nothing missing, if there is you inform the tribunal. You should also review the information you have previously provided to decide whether there is anything extra you wish to send to the tribunal.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mjh2222
    Thank you for the information there it all makes sense.

I would like to ask a couple of questions to further understand.

1.  When I submit my evidence to the tribunal as it has given me an address to send it to, do I also send a copy of evidence pack to the DWP?

2.  Should I wait until I receive the bundle from the DWP/tribunal before I submit my evidence back to them both?

Thanks,
  • calcotti
    edited September 2021
    Anything you send to Tribunal service should be copied by them to DWP.

You can send information before the bundle arrives and the send a further submission if you think it necessary after reviewing the bundle. Alternatively wait until you have seen the bundle and respond to that (which would generally be my approach unless you have realised something really significant has not previously been submitted).

DWP are supposed to issue then bundle within 28 days but rarely do.

Before the bundle is issued DWP will review your case and they may contact you with an offer of a revised award. If you accept this the existing appeal will lapse but you can still appeal the new award. If you decline the revised award the existing appeal will continue but DWP should inform tribunal that they have made the proposal which is effectively an admission that they now consider the existing award is incorrect).

As always bear in mind that it is your description of how you are affected by your health conditions that carries most weight.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mjh2222
    That is great information thank you very much.

King regards,
  • calcotti
    I should add also that you are not required to send any extra information to the tribunal. If your original submission and/or MR have already covered everything you have to say there is no point in repeating all of this because it just gives the tribunal more to read.

A simple statement referring to each of the descriptors may be all that is needed - DWP have concluded that I can do xxxx, as explained on my PIP2 and MR submission this is incorrect and I cannot do this activity to the required standard.

If you do this after the bundle is received you should include references to the relevant page numbers in the bundle to make it easier for the tribunal.
  • mjh2222
    Ok thank you for this information, that is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.