I put in LCWA and was put in the lower one. I won at tribunal, will I get a backdated payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I put in LCWA and was put in the lower one. I won at tribunal, will I get a backdated payment?

Options
Sally1984
Sally1984 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I’ve been on sick for over a year I put in lcwa I got put in the lower one , I didn’t get up till now I have been fighting for it then on Friday I won my battle by a tribunal so now get the extra money will I get anything back dated or does it just start now 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    Great news. How much back dated money you're owed will depend on a couple of things. Was this your first work capability assessment? If so then there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time. Then the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    Whats' the dates of your assessment periods or if you don't know what's the date you usually receive your monthly payments? What date exactly did you originally report your health condition and did you send a fit note within 7 days of reporting the health condition?
    Sorry there's so many questions but no one can help you without this extra information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sally1984
    Options
    28th April 2020 I first applied  yes been sending sick nots & yes first time I applied 
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Options
    Sorry to jump on but @poppy123456 I had been putting sick notes in for a year and about 6 months ago I got put on lcwa and they said I wasn’t entitled to anything. Just wondering after seeing your comment xx
  • Sally1984
    Options
    Did I get it right away when applied as I’ve been appling mine 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sally1984 said:
    28th April 2020 I first applied  yes been sending sick nots & yes first time I applied 

LCWRA will be paid from either August or September 2020 depending the exact dates of your assessment periods and when you first reported the health condition.
    After a Tribunal win it can take up to 8 weeks sometimes longer to receive any money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry to jump on but @poppy123456 I had been putting sick notes in for a year and about 6 months ago I got put on lcwa and they said I wasn’t entitled to anything. Just wondering after seeing your comment xx

That will depend on whether it was your first work capability assessment. Or whether you already had LCW and this was a review started by DWP or you reported a wosening of condition.
  • Sally1984
    Options
    They put me in lcw but I appealed then appealed again and then went to tribunal which I won on Friday The tribunal said I should off Been put in the other
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Sally1984 said:
    They put me in lcw but I appealed then appealed again and then went to tribunal
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean you requested the MR first for that decision and then took it to Tribunal? Or did you report a worsening of condition after the LCW decision and went through the work capability assessment again and this time took it all the way Tribunal? Sorry but it's not clear.
  • Sally1984
    Options
    I didn’t kno about back date till someone told me I’m just glad it’s over & im in the right group I’ll just see if I do 
  • Sally1984
    Options
    Yes took to  mr then tribunal  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sally1984 said:
    Yes took to  mr then tribunal  

Then my advice here is correct ..
    Sally1984 said:

LCWRA will be paid from either August or September 2020 depending the exact dates of your assessment periods and when you first reported the health condition.
    After a Tribunal win it can take up to 8 weeks sometimes longer to receive any money owed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.