How long do you remain in the LCWRA group before being reassessed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do you remain in the LCWRA group before being reassessed?

Ashleighmch
Ashleighmch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, 

Just looking for advice if possible. 

I became ill last year and started handing in sick notes to universal credit end of May 2020, I got the UC50 forms in August 2020 and sent them back. 

Due to a delay with the medical assessments I didn’t have my assessment until June 2021 which was over the phone and I have been awarded LCWRA. 

I asked how long this lasts and have been advised 12 months, would this go from the date I had my medical assessment or the date that I sent the forms back to them? 

Just a bit confused as if it’s when I sent the forms then it’s not very long left and I don’t want to keep asking loads of questions on my journal. 

Thank you in advance for any help :) 
Tagged:

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member Posts: 348 Pioneering
    Hi,

It would normally go from the date you are awarded LCWRA from your online journal, so 12 months from that date roughly.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ...I have been awarded LCWRA. 

I asked how long this lasts and have been advised 12 months, ..
    There is no time limit. The decision that you have LCWRA lasts until you are reassessed and a different decision made. There will be a note on DWP file about when it is considered appropriate to reassess you. That may say 12 months time but doesn't mean you will be reassessed then. DWP are allowed to reassess you at any time.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ashleighmch and a warm welcome to our community.

It's a confusing process isn't it?  But I hope our members replies have helped clarify how reassessment generally works.  If you have any more questions, please fire away :)

Also, I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and tweaked the title to help others better spot your question.

Take care and have a lovely Wednesday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ashleighmch
    Ashleighmch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you everyone, it is a confusing process haha. 

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me, makes more sense now! x
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Reassessment or LCWRA?
    My daughter gets this and I assumed because she gets PIP (enhanced for both) and has been placed in the 'light touch review' group, that would be the end of it.. 

More reviews to look forward to at some point then I guess..
    ???

• Luna51
    Reassessment or LCWRA?
    My daughter gets this and I assumed because she gets PIP (enhanced for both) and has been placed in the 'light touch review' group, that would be the end of it.. 

More reviews to look forward to at some point then I guess..
    ???

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you do get reassessed for lcwra @Luna51 it is also nothing to do with pip they are separate benefits with different criteria 

Lcwra can be assessed anytime from 3 months after the award 

However they are currently dealing with backlogs of new claims 
  • Luna51
    Hi again @janer1967

Thank you for clarifying this, I had no idea! 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your welcome happy to help 
  • chelss
    chelss Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Hiya ashleigh sorry to jump on your post just looking for a bit of advice I have had the lwrca Assesment over the phone today how long do you wait for a decision and is it by letter . Thankyou
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    chelss said:
    Hiya ashleigh sorry to jump on your post just looking for a bit of advice I have had the lwrca Assesment over the phone today how long do you wait for a decision and is it by letter . Thankyou

There's no timescales for any decision, some people have a decision within a day, others wait several weeks. Once it's made a letter will be uploaded onto your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.