Finally have assessment date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finally have assessment date

Options
RoxyC
RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
So my mum has received a letter from pip for my assessment date on the 28th of September, 
Can anyone give me some advice about the questions they will ask? Thank you x 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad you've got a date now @RoxyC :) It's hard to say exactly what questions they'll ask, as it can depend on your situation and what you included on your form. 

Did you keep a copy of your form? If you did, it'd be worth giving that a read over.

It'd also be worth re-reading the PIP descriptors (pipinfo.net) so you feel confident in knowing what their questions are relating to. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Options
    I had mine other day. Only qs I remember is do you have any pets? Right or left handed? Do you have anyone with you? All others are to do with the questions what was on the first form. If I could change one bit about my assessment. I would have made key points instead of writing out all my situation. 

Also, think before you speak. And make sure you listen to the assessor property because I had a few questions of her either trying to catch me out or misunderstanding me. She asked me if I could walk 100 metres without my back hurting, I said no, I walk about 25/30 metres before it really starts hurting and she said, so 75 metres then? I said no. 25/30 metres.. 

she also said limit time of one hour to have the assessment. So try not to give information what isn’t relevant and concentrate on why it affects you. 

Try stay calm, think before you speak. If you don’t understand anything, ask them to repeat it. 

Good luck xx

• RoxyC
    Options
    @idontlikeliving
    Thank you for your advice, it's my mum speaking on my behalf because I cant hear much on the phone. I'll go through everything with my mum before hand and keep in mind your advice. My mum is pretty calm anyway. 

Good luck with your decision. Hope you get what you deserve ??
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Options
    @RoxyC you’re welcome and Thankyou. Xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would be difficult for anyone to tell you what questions you will be asked because we don't know how your conditions affect you. You should have a read of the form before the assessment, providing you kept a copy, which you should have.
    If using a mobile phone then make sure it's fully charged before the assessment time. Assessment times can be anything from 20 to 90 minutes, sometimes longer. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RoxyC
    Options
    @poppy123456

Thank you for the advice xxxx 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @roxyC - Don't know the questions but I found it helpful to keep a brief diary for a week or two beforehand. Nothing too extensive - anecdotal stuff such if you said that you drop things, or spill your food etc then a note of how you have been. It helped me when I was asked 'when did this last happen?" or "how often" etc

Good luck..
  • RoxyC
    Options
    @cristobal
    Thank you that's a really good idea. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.