Lovely lady at PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lovely lady at PIP

Maybeimcrazy
Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
So i just rang PIP to ask for a copy of my report, she was so nice didn't ask anything other than name D.O.B etc and said she would send me one out in the post, im nervous but happy ill have some type of idea, what will happen and what the lady from the assessment said in my report. Will it take around 7 days? To get to me does anyone know. Sorry if they may seem silly questions. 

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @Maybeimcrazy I imagine that it varies a lot. I never had to wait more than a couple of days and have always had a good experience with DWP..
  • Maybeimcrazy
    @cristobal i worry all the time, and i get scared of everything! So for me to call was a big deal but im glad it was a nice lady! Thanks for your reply ?
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    I daren’t ring for mine. I work myself up. I asked earlier for the number and what to say and I still haven’t rang. ?
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @cristobal i worry all the time, and i get scared of everything! So for me to call was a big deal but im glad it was a nice lady! Thanks for your reply ?

Well done for summoning up the courage. Fingers crossed that it makes nice reading. Will you let us know??

• Maybeimcrazy
    @idontlikeliving im the same, sometimes im that worked up, im sick!! But people do it if you feel you can bite the bullet and @cristobal yes for sure, ill let you know if i think its a good or bad report ? ive been googling isnt always the best i know but there's a pip test, do i basically do that and compare to my report? X 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    In the report there will be dots or ticks next to descriptors/activities. Use the PIP self test to put the dots from the report into that. You will then be able to work out what the recommendations are but it's just a recommendation. They usually go with the report BUT not always.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    @poppy123456 ah thank you that's good to know. I'll be sure to report back and let people know ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

I would use the self test as said by poppy but u wouldn't recommend using it to score yourself 

You will tend to over score yourself without fully understanding all the details of how the descriptors work 

This can then lead to a conflict of opinion when you get the report 

Good luck fingers crossed 
  • poppy123456
    janer1967 said:
    Hi 

I would use the self test as said by poppy but u wouldn't recommend using it to score yourself 

You will tend to over score yourself without fully understanding all the details of how the descriptors work 

This can then lead to a conflict of opinion when you get the report 

Good luck fingers crossed 
    I agree with this. It’s also easy to under score yourself as well. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • idontlikeliving
    Did it take you ages to get through? Plucked up courage, told the prerecorded option woman lol my NI, telephone number and was waiting ages so hung up. I’ll try them tomorrow morning xx
  • poppy123456
    Did it take you ages to get through? Plucked up courage, told the prerecorded option woman lol my NI, telephone number and was waiting ages so hung up. I’ll try them tomorrow morning xx

It can often take anything up to an hour on hold, possibly even longer at the moment. I always find the best time to ring is as soon as they open, which is 9am.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Thats some helpful information, ill do the test see what it says then wait for my proper decision off DWP my sister said the letter maybe hear by the end of this week 
  • idontlikeliving
    @poppy123456 I’ll try it at 9. I did ring when they said it’s busiest. Lol xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.