LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
Loucarron
Loucarron Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hi, if you’re partner has LCWRA, and you are also been assessed as LCW, WITH CARERS element for her, and have been told by UC. That you don’t have to send any sicknotes in for yourself, but prepare for work in the future, even though  you have been off work due to underlying health conditions for last 2 yrs, ime wondering what to do, as ime not fit enough to work, but do manage to care for my Mrs.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will be in the no work commitments group because you're claiming the carers element for looking after your partner.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Loucarron said:
    Hi, if you’re partner has LCWRA, and you are also been assessed as LCW, WITH CARERS element for her, and have been told by UC. That you don’t have to send any sicknotes in for yourself, but prepare for work in the future, ..
    As poppy says that is not correct. If you are receiving carer element you are in the no work related requirement group.
    Sounds as if you have received a standard message about what LCW means without it taking into account your other circumstances.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Loucarron
    Options
  • Loucarron
    Options
    So will I have to do as above on my letter from UC. ,AS IME CARING FOR MY MRS, WHO HETS LCWRA,
    SHOULD I QUERY THIS ON MY JOURNAL.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    As explained those are the rules for someone in the LCW Group generally. In your case if you receive the carer element of UC you are carer and therefore will not have to do this. What does your existing Claimant Commitment say?

To confirm, if you are getting the carer element I assume your partner is getting PIP.

If you wish to post a note in your journal asking for confirmation of this you can of course do so.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.