Lost — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost

hopeinthestorm
hopeinthestorm Community member Posts: 18 Connected
I haven’t felt this bad in years. I don’t want to die and I’m not suicidal but I just don’t know what the point is anymore. Everything I thought I knew is a lie. It seems I just attract people to take advantage of me or hurt me. I have never felt so lost and alone in the world and I don’t know what to do anymore 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hopeinthestorm

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling low at the minute and that you feel as though people take advantage of you, you should never be made to feel that way. I'm aware that we've been in contact with you in recent days, but if there is anything else that is contributing towards you feeling this way then you are welcome to talk about it if you want.

There is always support for you on the community, and you will forever be welcome here for a chat, I'm glad that you've posted this evening and it's lovely to see you around despite the unfortunate circumstances.

Do you receive any support at all to manage your mental health? If not, or if you feel as though you need further support, you might wish to speak with your GP about how you've been feeling lately. Additionally, you could always contact Mind and our helpline is available too if you want to talk to somebody.

Let us know if there's anything else you need support with, or if you just want to discuss things further.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • hopeinthestorm
    hopeinthestorm Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    No I don’t receive any support at all and I’m too scared to reach out for help in case my friend finds out
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    deleted

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    I totally understand @hopeinthestorm, and I will pick that situation up in further detail with you via email. However if you feel as though you need support for your mental health then there are always options of doing this privately and without anybody finding out, and we would be more than happy to explore those options with you.

I appreciate how daunting it must feel when you want to access support but don't want somebody to find out, and why that would make you hesitant. I think though it's worth considering the intended outcome, which is you being in a better place mentally and physically, and not feeling as fearful. Taking that first step can often be the hardest one, but it can be massively beneficial. 

Regarding your mental health, your GP would be the most suitable person to speak to about what support you could access, they would be able to recommend any local services you could use and provide support for you to manage your well-being.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    @hopeinthestorm i'm sorry things aren't too good for you, you will find many people on this forum who are great listeners and will be there for you. Have you spoke to your GP about how you are feeling? they may have some ideas that might help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness