Sent PIP review form back, hasn’t been received and deadline is today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sent PIP review form back, hasn’t been received and deadline is today

Sam01
Sam01 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
Hello all. I sent my PIP award review form back 18 days ago. I called the helpline 4 days ago to ask if they have received it. The lady said no and to call back next week. In the meantime, another PIP review form will be sent to me in the post just incase. The deadline for my form to be returned is today! If they don’t receive it today, will my PIP be cancelled despite me sending it back ages ago? On average, how long does it usually take for them to receive application forms by post? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    There’s currently huge postal backlogs and it’s taking longer than usual for them to receive mail. They know about this so your PIP won’t stop. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam01
    Hi,
    There’s currently huge postal backlogs and it’s taking longer than usual for them to receive mail. They know about this so your PIP won’t stop. 
    Thanks poppy! Do you know how long roughly it will take them to receive mine?
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I sent mine back around August 20th and haven't had confirmation yet. 

My PIP hasn't stopped, despite the scaremongering on the paperwork.
  • poppy123456
    Sam01 said:
    Hi,
    Thanks poppy! Do you know how long roughly it will take them to receive mine?

No idea sorry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Did you send it by registered post?
    I didn't and I think they 'lost' mine on purpose.
    As it happened it was irrelevant as they used a tribunal decision but I did get a letter reminding me to send it when they should have had it already.
    Contact them and  ask if it arrived.
    Always send stuff like that with proof of postage.
  • poppy123456
    tru88le said:
    Sending anything to DWP this way is a complete waste of money. All post going to DWP has to go through a mail sorting process. Sending post this way means it's signed for by someone from Royal mail and could be anywhere in the sorting office building. It's not classed as a arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer and under normal times this could be 3 weeks, with the current backlog of mail it can potentially take longer. 
    Proof of postage, which is free is all that's needed.
  • Sam01

Thank you for sharing! Glad to hear your PIP hasn’t stopped. When was your deadline to send it back by?
  • Sam01
    tru88le said:
    Sending anything to DWP this way is a complete waste of money. All post going to DWP has to go through a mail sorting process. Sending post this way means it's signed for by someone from Royal mail and could be anywhere in the sorting office building. It's not classed as a arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer and under normal times this could be 3 weeks, with the current backlog of mail it can potentially take longer. 
    Proof of postage, which is free is all that's needed.
    Glad to hear that. I sent mine through the post office to get the proof of postage. It’s my only piece of evidence if they accuse me of not sending it back
  • Sam01
    tru88le said:
    I didn't and I think they 'lost' mine on purpose.
    As it happened it was irrelevant as they used a tribunal decision but I did get a letter reminding me to send it when they should have had it already.
    Contact them and  ask if it arrived.
    Always send stuff like that with proof of postage.
    I did yes. I kept the proof of postage to myself however as I only have one copy of it
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Very wise to keep copies of everything you posted @lillybelle - however, as mentioned above, all that's needed 'just in case' is a free 'Certificate of Posting' available from your Post Office as Sam01 has done.
    @tru88le - why would you think they (presumably the DWP) lost your posted items on purpose? How would they do this?
    It's a misconception, but it's actually rare for post to go missing/get lost. Speaking only from personal experience, & having posted some 3-4 thousand books worldwide (we had a secondhand & antiquarian bookshop for nearly 25 years, & decided to additionally sell on Ebay for a few years), only a couple of people in the UK said they hadn't received their items, & one was a bit 'dodgy' as they had made several prior claims. I can count the number of international postings that 'may' have gone missing on one hand.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Currently taking 6 to 9 weeks to get items scanned and linked. 
    I didn't realise it had got as bad as that - truly shocking.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • OverlyAnxious
    calcotti said:
    Currently taking 6 to 9 weeks to get items scanned and linked. 
    I didn't realise it had got as bad as that - truly shocking.
    Seconded!!  :o
  • OverlyAnxious
    Sam01 said:

Thank you for sharing! Glad to hear your PIP hasn’t stopped. When was your deadline to send it back by?
    August 28th.  :|

I can't get to a post office so have no proof of postage but I did take a picture of it in the postbox slot just in case!
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    It doesnt matter who signs for it or if it gets lost as long as you can prove you posted it they can't fob you off
  • poppy123456
    Which is why all you need is proof of posting, which as advised is free.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.