Regression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Regression

Options
Ellyyg
Ellyyg Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi, has anyone dealt with regression? Where did you look for support and what therapies may have helped?
I'm struggling to find therapies that deal with trauma and regression in autistic patients. 
They/Them
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ellyyg

Lovely to meet you, welcome to the community :) 

Thanks for your question, and it's a shame to hear that you haven't been able to find the right therapy for your circumstances, therapy for regression doesn't appear as straight forward to find as other therapies. Have you spoken with your GP about this? Have they been able to recommend any local services that might be able to help?

Nationally, I would advise potentially getting in touch with the National Autistic Society (NAS) or perhaps the mental health charity Mind who may be able to point you in the direction of where you could get help.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ellyyg
    Ellyyg Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    The regression is PTSD based, so would autistic society still be the best place to go? I'm not taking them to the GP as the wait times for therapies and stress caused by these is ridiculous and the only thing they seem to want to do is CBT, so just wanting to see what other people have done to access the right help. 
    They/Them
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ellyyg

I think there's no harm in contacting them to see what they would say, I imagine that as a charity they speak with quite a few people with autism who are seeking therapy that would work for them, so they may be able to signpost you.

Ah I see about the GP, I understand that waiting times can be a cause of stress and may put some people off, however do consider that option, you may come back to it at some point in the future.

hopefully others will be able to provide their experiences.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness