Work Capability (Backdated). Backdated payments haven't come in within the 3-5 days. Is this normal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Capability (Backdated). Backdated payments haven't come in within the 3-5 days. Is this normal?

Cat21
Cat21 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, I received a message last week (Tuesday the 14th) finally after waiting for payments also for approx a year.. that I was going to receive some back dated money in my bank account within 3-5 working days, I still haven't received anything is this normal? Please.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    It can often take a few weeks for them to recalculate all your past statements to work out how much exactly they owe you.
    If they've done this then put a message on your journal under the payment section and ask about the money they owe you, tell them you haven't yet received it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cat21
    Thank you Poppy, All MY past payments (over the last year plus ) are showing as the amount I should now receive but haven't, I find it hard to concentrate on what's actually going on most of the time, but I'm finding it particularly difficult to understand why the payments are showing twice what I've received but I've still not been back dated (hope this makes sense?)
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    What they've done is recalculated all your past statements, which should tell you what you should have received. It sounds like they just haven't sent the payment to you, which can happen. I'm not sure what you mean by payments are showing twice. When the recalculate your statements this should override your previous statements.
    Putting a message under the payment section will hopefully help because then a case manager should see it. They can also make a fast payment to you and then you'll receive payment the same day. They did this with my daughter when she was awarded LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cat21
    Ok thank you very much Poppy, I did put a message on my journal yesterday, I didn't realise there was one in the payment section, I shall go and take a look, thank you :) 
  • poppy123456
    What i mean by "under the payment section" is when you add the note onto your journal you'll see categories that you can choose. Put the dot next top the payments and then it should be seen by a case manager.
  • Cat21
    Is it the add another journal entry under ..payment? (Drop down menu?). Im not sure where I put it yesterday :/ but yes basically they sent me a message of a letter regarding my LCWRA in PDF saying it will be 3-5 days. I just tend to worry, and I supposed to do something... sign something, say something ... blah d blah and drive myself crackers with it, (my concentration for reading and absorbing can be poor) :( 
  • poppy123456
    Yes that's correct. Once payment is made then it takes 3-5 working days to reach your bank. No, you don't need to sign anything. When did you receive the letter on your journal?
  • Cat21
    Letter on my journal was the 14th Sep/21 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    Then payment wasn't made on that day because if it was you would have received it by now.. Hopefully someone will see that message now it's in the payment section. Hopefully you'll receive your money very soon.
  • Cat21
    Ok thank you, I'm still confused though, I just assumed it would be in my bank within that time ... obvs it's more complicated than that :/ 
  • poppy123456
    No, there's nothing complicated about it. Receiving the letter on your journal doesn't mean payment has been made, It can't go into your bank if hasn't been.
  • Cat21
    I guess I'm used to receiving a letter through the post, and it is what it is, nothing about the last year+ has been straight forward, and what I was saying earlier is .. in my previous payments instead of showing I received say like £200 It's now showing as I received say £400 for about 10 months ish hence im saying its kind of doubled ... thank tou for your help by the way, its just I have some bills that are in need of sorting very quickly before I get court costs on top :/ 
  • poppy123456
    As UC is digital then letters are uploaded onto your journal. I think it's a much better way of doing it because letters by post can get lost.
    The changes with your statements is because they were recalculated so you always lose your previous ones.
    Fingers crossed you're not waiting too much longer,
  • Cat21
    Ok thank you Poppy, hopefully I will hear something today ? it's been very stressful for someone like me .. And I just want to know where I stand it's been so long. I have some questions about past payments ... and how I stand with those, but I'm not sure where to seek advise on this, but today it's just been nice to get a response and for someone to try and help, and I thank you very much for that. :)
  • poppy123456
    No worries. What other questions do you have?
  • Cat21
    Still no1 has answered :/
  • poppy123456
    I don't know what else to advise, other than to ring the helpline and tell them you are still waiting to receive the backdated money that's owed to you.
  • Cat21
    Is it normal to have to wait this long for a response? Helpline? What is the number please, thank you :)
  • poppy123456
    When you have LCWRA it can often take quite a while for them to reply. If you put your question under the payment section then as advised a case manager should see it.
    Universal Credit helpline
    Telephone: 0800 328 5644
    Textphone: 0800 328 1344
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 328 5644
    Video relay service for British Sign Language (BSL) users - check you can use this service
    Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
    Find out about call charges
    https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/contact-universal-credit

• Cat21
    It would be nice if they acknowledged messages, it really helps if you feel like somebody is listening (this has been a problem in the past) and feels very one sided. :/ this also really does not help with people's anxiety / stress...  thank you again Poppy, I just wish they hadn't bothered sending me the message In the 1st place until it was sorted because now I  just feel in limbo again :( 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.