Pip process queries. Has anyone else waited almost 8 months? Are payments backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip process queries. Has anyone else waited almost 8 months? Are payments backdated?

Options
nathanls1993
nathanls1993 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all 

I made a claim for pip back in February 2021 . I have had waiting the last 2 weeks had my assement through a company linked to dwp and recieved a text around 10 days ago confirming that my written assement was now with the dwp. 

I have phoned to get a copy of my written assement and recieved it yesterday and I'm glad the report actually reflected what I tried to explain over the phone and overall the report is a good reflection. 

Just wondering if anyone else had been waiting nearly 8 months etc? and if awarded is it processed to claim date I have read that it was so would just like some second opinions. 

Did you also wait long after dwp had received the report before you recieved your decision etc and how long was it then?

Thanks for your time!

Nathan

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

The whole process is taking around 10 months to complete currently 

If Awarded it will be backdated to when you first applied 

Decision can take anything up to 3 months but some are a lot quicker there are no fixed timescales 
  • nathanls1993
    nathanls1993 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for your reply that makes sense.  I imagine their is back log due to current situation etc

I am hopeful that case manager goes with the report because its an accurate reflection.

It does say would recommend review in 18 months towards the latter pages of the report etc. So based on the report and to be honest the report is great 

Fingers crossed ? 

Thanks 
    Nathan 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.