Confuse about mandatory reconsideration?? I want to appeal my mobility score, but unsure — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confuse about mandatory reconsideration?? I want to appeal my mobility score, but unsure

skhan95
skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hy I'm thinking If I should put Pip in mandatory reconsideration or not for mobility I know I'm definitely eligible for it I did tell in my assessment everything but got only 4 points for moving around nothing for planning journeys i really want to appeal weather I get it or not thats a different thing but I'm scared to loose my daily living part what is best advice I can get please 
Thank u  :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Only you can decide what to do because we don't know how your conditions affect you. MR success rate is about 50% but that's falling. Have you got some expert advice? If not then start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @skhan95

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, PIP is not my area of expertise and I am hoping someone else with more knowledge about this can help. However, in the meantime, my personal view is that anything is worth applying for especially if you already know you should be eligible for it. You will only get it by applying. The worst that can happen is that they reject your application and you can appeal. I can hear you are worried about losing the daily living part but your needs related to daily living are most likely going to be the same so it should not be affected by following up about your mobility. I hope this helps! However, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. You are also more than welcome to share your progress with us if you would like to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • skhan95
    Yes my support worker downloaded the form and gave me to send them but at the same time he made me nervous as well saying they can take current award as well 
    Although I'm 100% sure I'm eligible for mobility as well whatever i said to the nurse during assessment she didn't write a single word just gave me 4 points for moving around which is not fair I cannot plan any journey without another person to even familiar places I dnt know what should I do I'm getting depressed so badly :-( 
    Please if someone give me some advice I'm so confused 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It isn't the assessors job to write down what you say 

They listen to what you say and form their own opinion on how your functionality affects you against the descriptors 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It's been said many times before that the HCP isn't there to write everything you say verbatim, if they were then there would be no point in having the assessments in the first place. They are there to gather more evidence to write the report, which is based on their opinion.
    Based on very little information about your conditions it's not possible to tell you whether you would score more points for the mobility award. Have you used the link i posted above to see what advice agency is near to you? If you haven't then you need to do that, this way you will be able to tell them more about your conditions, how your affected and advise whether you're entiteled to any mobility award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the score you were hoping for @skhan95.

Are you able to think of a couple of good examples that demonstrate why you should have scored higher? It might be worth taking another look at the PIP descriptors and thinking of ways you could strengthen your evidence. 

Ultimately it's your choice whether you decide to submit an MR. I appreciate that it can be more difficult when you're feeling low and anxious. You've mentioned that you've been feeling depressed, have you spoken to your GP or another medical professional about that? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • skhan95
    Ok I will get advice and see what happens thank u so much for your help all 
    I will be posting if something happens 
  • skhan95
    I did check by clicking this link and tomorrow I will call them and I will explain everything let's see what they say 
    Thank u so much for help :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.