There are some discrepancies on my PIP report, but I've been told decision's been made. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

There are some discrepancies on my PIP report, but I've been told decision's been made. Any advice?

steve123
steve123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all had my PIP assessment last Tuesday 14th September rang and asked for assessment report day after. anyway it turned up today 22/9/21 and theres a few discrepancies. rang dwp (pip) to be told there was nothing they could do as my decision had been made today yet couldn't let me know and to ring tomorrow as when it's on the system they can tell me, my report works out at 8points for daily and 10 for mobility. Any advice please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    Once the decision's been made it takes about 24 hours for them to be able to see that decision, which is why they told you to ring back tomorrow. Or you can just wait for the decision letter to arrive.
    Once you know what the decision is if you're not happy then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)  Before requesting the MR you should take a look at the descriptors to see if it's possible to score more points for a higher award, if it's not then it's pointless going any further.
    The assessment report is a recommendation from the HCP and becomes part of your evidence.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    8 points and 10 points looks like standard for both, but you will have to wait for the final decision now.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• steve123
    hi woodbine,
    looks that way yet they haven't included i need help into and out the bath, help washing my lower half and i can use a bus to get around, haven't used a bus for years as for the moment my mother inlaw is taking me to all appointments
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    steve123 said:
    hi woodbine,
    looks that way yet they haven't included i need help into and out the bath, help washing my lower half 
    You can’t score twice for the same activity. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • steve123
    hi poppy, can you explain please as i haven't scored twice
  • poppy123456
    steve123 said:
    hi poppy, can you explain please as i haven't scored twice

I didn't say you had... but you said this...
    steve123 said:
     yet they haven't included i need help into and out the bath, help washing my lower half
    Which are 2 different descriptors that apply to washing and bathing. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.