Hi, my name is karenz! I don't understand why I haven't heard anything back from them — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is karenz! I don't understand why I haven't heard anything back from them

karenz
karenz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello can someone give me some idea if this it's confusing me lol . I applied with my first sick note in November 2020. My assesment date is 23rd. I didn't have my medical untill August the 9th . I passed fir lcfwra wich stated if any money owed they would contact me within 6 days . I've still nit heard anything back jornal is usless no one replies. Dose this mean they aren't backdating anything.  Do they backdate till November. Or january or from the 9th August wen I passed my assesment . Also if its back to November or Jan.  Do I get backdated the benefit cap aswell . And my circumstances changed before I passed my medical to removing 2 children from my claim so now aswell should I be paying bedroom tax . I don't understand why I've nit heard back off them

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    For the LCWRA extra payments there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time. Then the extra money is pad from the 4th month of your claim. This means depending on the exact dates you reported the health condition your backdated money will be from either March or April 2021. Providing there were no gaps in your fit notes.

The letter does tell you within 7 working days but it often takes longer than this. To work out how much they owe you they will need to recalculate your past statements to find out how much they owe you. You can leave a message on your journal under the payments section to ask when you will receive the money that's owed.

The benefit cap will no longer apply to you because you have LCWRA. If you're renting from social housing and you have spare bedrooms then unfortunately the bedroom tax will still apply to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • karenz
    karenz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank u . My daughters left in July but where here before this.i have left noises and no one gets back to me in my jornal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    It often takes some weeks. Make sure you put messages under the payment section then it will be seen by a case manager. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @karenz

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us. 

Sorry to hear that you've had such a long wait, with little contact, hopefully things will be resolved for you soon. I hope the replies above have been helpful.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.