do they go with the assesors report. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

do they go with the assesors report.

Options
holly8323
holly8323 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi i applied 12march had my assessment on the 18 aug i got my report on the 13th sept. from what it looks like ive got12points living and 10 motability. do thedwp go with thereport. i rang them this morning asking if any update and they just said wait for my descion letter which will be soon. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @holly8323 - & welcome to the community. The decision maker looks at all the evidence, including the assessor's report, & whilst they usually do go with the recommendations in the latter, they don't always. Hope it's not too long until you get your decision letter. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As above usually yes, always no
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @holly8323

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. From the looks of it, it would seem the amazing @chiarieds and @woodbine have already answered your question. Does the information they have provided help you to understand what will be happening? If you have any questions or need anything clarifying further, please do not hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • holly8323
    Options
    ok thanks. will just have wait and see what they decide. hopefully it will not be much longer now 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @holly8323

The wait can be horrible but I have everything crossed for you! I wish you the best of luck with it. Please feel free to let us know when you know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • holly8323
    Options
    hi i rang for a update today i got to speak to the case manager who said there was a dispute to the date of my claim. i originally wrote to pip in January asking for a claim form but didnt hear back so assumed the letter was lost so rang in march and did claim on the phone. the manager said he was putting my claim back to jan and was making a descion today. fingers crossed they go with the report. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @holly8323

Thanks for updating us with your progress. It made me happy to hear you had a positive outcome from speaking with the case manager today. How are you feeling after your conversation with the case manager? I hope they do go with the report as I know that is the outcome you would prefer. I am wishing you all the best with the rest of the PIP process. Please feel free to let us know how you get on if you wish. Also, remember we are always here for you if you want any additional support with navigating the process! :)

• holly8323
    Options
    to be honest i was quite shocked they said was changing the claim date back to jan i had forgotten all about the letter i sent. im feeling more positve now as im assuming they wouldnt need to change the date if they was just goin to say no. just fed up waiting no.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @holly8323

Yes, I hear your frustrations with waiting. Waiting can be especially difficult when nervously anticipating outcomes. However, I am glad the conversation you had with the case manager today went well. It makes me feel happy to hear the case manager helped you to feel more positive and hopeful about PIP. Is there anything we can support you with in the meantime? I often find the Coffee Lounge an uplifting space when needing a distraction! I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.