Help with lcwra please. How far back would I be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with lcwra please. How far back would I be backdated?

Options
jp51
jp51 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi after claiming uc March 2020 whilst on ssp I was unable to claim esa untill the 8th Oct 2020 and is still on going with no gaps having just been accepted lcwra on the 20th Sept 2021 how far back would I be backdated any help thank you

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you declared your health condition when you claimed in March 2020 and have provided continuous Fit Notes since then you will be due the LCWRA element of UC from the July 2020 payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jp51
    jp51 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Yes I declared it in my uc claim in March 2020 but due to ssp being paid the work capability assessment couldn't be done untill 12 weeks after esa was claimed  which started 8th October 2020 so I should of veen assed Jan 2021 but they never got round to do uptill 3 weeks ago
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    jp51 said:..due to ssp being paid the work capability assessment couldn't be done untill 12 weeks after esa was claimed ...
    If you were just getting SSP this should not have delayed the capability assessment. The assessment would only be delayed if you were earning more than 16 x NMW/week, SSP is less than this.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.