Autism Exclusion from mental health services — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism Exclusion from mental health services

Stuart34604
Stuart34604 Scope Member Posts: 6 Connected
edited September 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
(Removed mention to specific location) NHS Trust Hearing Feedback Team have excluded myself & many other Autistic adults from mental health services, since 2018. Because trust bosses perceive Autism as a crime, & dislike Autism traits  I and others being bullied for complaining to unfit for purpose Ombudsman & CQC. Police, Council safeguarding, MP and Boris all failed to respond to complaints against (Removed by moderator, personal details of others included) Bullying us. We need someone like Scope to petition government & shame DEPARTMENT For health & social care etc, for ignoring abuse. 
Why do government & their bigoted departments hate us so much????
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Stuart34604

Welcome to the community, I am glad to see you join us. 

I'm sorry to hear of the challenges you have faced when trying to access mental health support services, I can see your frustration at the situation. What was the response from all of those places when you made your complaints? Did they explain why they took no action? And what was it that happened during your interactions with the individuals involved that made you feel as though they were bullying you?

Do you receive any kind of support to manage your mental health? A couple of places you might want to contact include:
    Just to let you know, I have removed mentions to specific locations and personal details of others from your post, in accordance with our community guidelines.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Stuart34604
    edited September 2021
    The trust staff members at senior level refused to listen & banned me moment tryst found out I complained to Ombudsman. One trust member called me a (Removed, potentially offensive term) on telephone. I posted on FB about the bullying & was messaged by Autistic adults, family of Autistic adults & even some nhs staff members past & present that told me Bullying of staff & vulnerable people  in that trust rife. Written to prime minister Boris Johnson, & local Conservative MP, to get no reply. It appears the system is bent & there no place ? in society under Conservatives, for anyone that different to them. 
  • Stuart34604
    I have contacted Autistic Society 3 times since 2018, asking for help. I was turned down every time. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried contacting the BBC programme that looks into this sort of thing?  I think it's Panorama?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stuart34604

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry to hear that NAS were unable to help you. Have you sought any legal advice for what you have experienced? Please see this CAB page on finding free or affordable legal help. Given that you haven't been able to access any support and have been refused when reporting this, speaking to somebody about your options might be beneficial.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Stuart34604
    I contacted Panarama few times over past couple years, via email & no reply. 

I been ringing solicitors since 2018 & all say they too bust, or don't do legal aid for Trust claims.
  • Stuart34604
    Busy not bust lol ? 

Brightness