Dwp UC changed to can’t work or train higher group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp UC changed to can’t work or train higher group

xxxroroxxx
xxxroroxxx Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi 
I applied for an appeal to get the not fit to work or train part of the UC. Dwp changed mind at the first stage and the appeal has been closed. Dwp have told me on my journal I won etc snd I’m entitled to a backdated payment . 
How long does it take for that back payment to be paid? Thank you 

Comments

• xxxroroxxx
    Hi 
    I applied for an appeal to get the not fit to work or train part of the UC. Dwp changed mind at the first stage and the appeal has been closed. Dwp have told me on my journal I won etc snd I’m entitled to a backdated payment . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

If the decision is LCWRA then there's a 3 full month assessment peiod waiting time and payment start from the 4th month. Once payment has been sent it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    HI,
    I just answered your question on another thread....
    If the decision is LCWRA then there's a 3 full month assessment peiod waiting time and payment start from the 4th month. Once payment has been sent it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • xxxroroxxx
  • xxxroroxxx
  • xxxroroxxx
    I’ll waited a good ten days for any letter to stay how much owed etc but not heard anything. How long do I wait for them to send that roughly please. 
    Thank you for your help I really appreciate this x
  • poppy123456
    They say within 7 days but it very often takes a few weeks. First they need to recalculate all your previous statements to work out exactly how much they owe you. If you want to keep your statements you should take copies of them because once recalculated they will replace the old ones.
    Put a note on your journal under the payment section to ask about the money you're owed.
  • xxxroroxxx
    thank you thank you again xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.