IIDB. Will they get my medical history from doctors, or should I ask for that myself? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

IIDB. Will they get my medical history from doctors, or should I ask for that myself?

Options
HJP290
HJP290 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
Hi guys 

Just abit of advice if possible about what evidence to take to my IIDB assement . 

I already am on this but since i got the award 2 years ago my condition as detiorated dramtaicly 

i did put in change of circumstances back in decmeber 2020 

even tho condition worsen from the onset of the award i was hoping i woulf get better with treatment . 

Had a back accidentl which caused disc prolaspe causing problems with legs and back .

But now affects everywere and turned into chronic pain conditions unfortunatley and various other stuff 

i do have letters from everyone i have seen about this . Many hospital trips consultants . Referals . 

Will they get my medical history from doctors and everywere so can see it for themselfs how my condition worsed steming from the intial injury or should i ask my doctors fof all the reports from consutultants myself ?  .  

I already get esa lcwra and pip standard care high mobility . 

Thanks if can help 

Comments

• HJP290
    Options
    @Username_removed

could you please advise iv seen your replys on other post and you are very knowledgable about this subject

thanks if you can :) 
  • HJP290
    Options
    Thank you i will reqeust them now 

i go for the medical next week so wont have time to post ill just take them in with me 

Jemma 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MrBee said:
    You will need to get all details from your Doctor to post to them. Irellevant of what others say as you will have more details than a doctor would

I disagree. I requested my medical records from my GP just before the very first lockdown and i have to say that i didn't find anything in there that i would use for evidence for any benefit claim. Medical evidence is only every useful if it states exactly how your conditions affect you, most don't. My GP doesn't have a clue about how any of my conditions affect me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • HJP290
    Options
    @Username_removed
    i do apologise i just seen your reply on another post i was going to ask advice there but was abit heated so went with taggin you here wont do again 

the stuff i requesting from doctors is from my consultants i have seen that shows the link of my intinal accident and the pain conditions i went on devolp over last couple yesrs started which affecting more area of my body from my i assement last feb . 

eg started in one leg and back  

now affects arms hands other leg skin and various other parts . 

But is confimed by neurolgy and rheumatolgy 

they do state how it actually affects me . 
  • HJP290
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice . 

i rang them up about sending in and they said just bring on day and we will photo copy it :)

Ill keep it all safely Away incase need it in future 
  • HJP290
    Options
    Hii had my assement today

she took photocopies off my 3 consultant letters and my hospital admissions 

and was really understanding
    and read back to me what she wrote down . About what i told her accurately .  

and said the evidence is enough to prove the link between it :) 

so just have wait for the descion letter to see what percentage im judge at now . 

thanks for the help 
  • HJP290
    Options
    @Username_removed

hi i no its not a descion but i was under the impression from her and what i had read online on directgov the examiner is the one who gives me the percentage of what loss of faculty  .

This was at start of the interveiw when she was reading threw my paper work . She was nice at the end to and wished me luck with my treatment and said even a little improvement is better than none . And try to stay postive :)

Her exact words were that clearly states that your issues now are due to the orignal injury . And had no previous issues of any kind before the accident . The doctors printed my report page which shows all the issues operations i have had over the year starting 1998 which having tonsils out haha

The neurology one stated 

. i have explain to miss #### that following her intinal injury
    she has developed and pain syndrome which is complicated by numbness . 

Which now as spread over my entire body . 

Then the rheumatologist states 

.after her initial diognoises of pain syndrome complicated by numbeness 2 years ago . Miss fury as gone on to devolp fibromyaligia along side this with severe hypersensitive to touch . 

Suppose ill find out in few week just waiting game now  :) 

• HJP290
    Options
    Hiii just update got my descion increased my award by 30 % so happy days . They have put something on were took 6% off from pre existing medical condition which im confused about as i dont have any pre existing medical conditions so will ring up clarify that tommorow but still happy :) 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @HJP290

Thanks for the update, that is positive news indeed! :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.