PIP have said my claim was assessed. How long should I have to wait for the decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP have said my claim was assessed. How long should I have to wait for the decision?

Alexa777
Alexa777 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi , I rang on PIP , they said my claim was assessed. Do you know how long should still wait for decision please ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Backlogs are currently huge and other threads suggest anything from 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @alexa77 :) 

As poppy123456, waiting times can be quite long at the moment unfortunately. It's really hard to give an exact timeframe as waiting times vary quite a lot. 

How are you feeling about your application?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Alexa777
    I feel tired now. From the waiting time. They said , they made decision already on wednesday. So hopefully they award me some points.
  • Alexa777
    My claim start on 26.04.2021
    I had my assesment on 1.09.21
    On 15.09. They sand me letter what saying they have got all information what they need. And I rand there on 22.09.21 and they said decision was made. So I could hear something in short time. So I am pretty nervous now. ?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are successfully awarded then payment usually goes into your bank before you receive the decision letter. Payment takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank once it's sent. If a decision was made on 22nd if successful money should be in your bank either Monday or Tuesday next week.
    If you're not happy with the decision then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.