Started pip claim too soon — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Started pip claim too soon

cpnan
cpnan Community member Posts: 48 Connected
Hi, I’ve realised I’ve started my claim too soon as it hasn’t yet been 3 months since my issues began.  If I don’t return the form, will I be able to start a new claim within the next month or will there be a waiting period please? 

Comments

• cpnan
    cpnan Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Thank you for your reply.  My issues began at the end of July.  I rang to start my claim about 2 weeks ago without realising I needed to be effected for 3 months.  My form has to be returned by 14th October so this would still be within the initial 3 month waiting time.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    cpnan said:
    Thank you for your reply.  My issues began at the end of July.  I rang to start my claim about 2 weeks ago without realising I needed to be effected for 3 months.  My form has to be returned by 14th October so this would still be within the initial 3 month waiting time.
    Agred but I see no point in delaying the claim because it will just start from when the 3 month began. Just so that you're aware you also need to expect your conditions to last at least a further 9 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    cpnan said:
    You can still put in the claim but if an award is made instead of starting on the date you rang to start the claim it will start from a date three months after your problems began.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.