Autumn poem — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autumn poem

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,377 Disability Gamechanger
A poem called the season of Autumn

Autumn is upon us again

And our farmers harvest their crops to our shops

As we watch our beautiful trees and plants shed their leaves.

They turn a yellow colour as they fall to the ground around our parks 

Which sparks the crunching  sound of the leaves as cyclists wheels go over them

As we watch our dormouse's hedgehogs and bats go into hibernation.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    nice one @Globster I love Autumn, as long as it's not too cold
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @Globster..nice one...prob my fav Season. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for sharing your autumn poem with us. It was very nice to read. What is your favourite thing about autumn? I would be interested in also hearing @woodbine and @Justcheckingin15's responses to this question! (and anyone else's who wish to share)  :) My favourite thing about autumn is enjoying cosy clothes!
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,377 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    L_Volunteer 
    Hearing leaves crunch under wheelchair wheels
    Would love others thoughts on what you love about Atumn? 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,648 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Nice poem :)

It’s good to see you posting @Globster

My favourite thing about Autumn is the colour of the trees
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, your responses sound wonderful @Globster and @66Mustang. Thanks for sharing with us  :D My other favourite thing about autumn is warm drinks! Does anyone else want to share what they enjoy about autumn?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The cooler weather @L_Volunteer :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Good one @Ross_Scope! Yes, I much prefer the cooler weather too  :D

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 741 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Nice poem :)

It’s good to see you posting @Globster

My favourite thing about Autumn is the colour of the trees
      I agree since I just wrote a reply about your other post.
    By the way, taking kids over the park and there is still a kid in me at 71, that given a head start I burry my self in leaves and jump out as the kids wal past playing hide and seek?  Just love Autum......
  • Globster
    Options

Added few more lines to the poem of Autumn look forward to what scope online community think

A poem called the season of Autumn

1. Autumn is upon us again

2. And our farmers harvest their crops to our shops

3. As our children celebrate Havest festival as school

4. As we watch our beautiful trees and plants shed their leaves

5. They turn a yellow colour as they fall to the ground around our parks as they prepare for winter.

6. Our birds leave which leaves a kind of sadness in the air.

7. Which sparks the crunching sound of the leaves as cyclists wheels go over them.

8. As we watch our dormouse's hedgehogs and bats go into hibernation. 

9.  The daylight starts growing shorter as the season Autumn arrives 

10. As the temperature grows colder and we dig our woolly clothing from our wardrobes.

11. As we sit in front of our log fires to keep us warm

12. We draw curtains early in the evenings

13. As the daylight seems to go early and our streets are kept bright and night by our streetlights.

14.  There  a for some elderly people great sadness that we are stuck in houses again we the change in temperature and weather getting cooler

15.  It has not deterred us from getting our last jobs done in our gardens

16. As our garden harden with season Autumn beginning

17.  These misty mornings and cold wind in the air.

18. As hair tears past me on my morning walker who say hello 

19. As a young fellow called Joe who went brisk walk during month of Autumn 

20. As he heard a crow squawking, there were ways of talking to the other crows.

21.  Vegetables like Rockets, Radishes, Spinach grow as well as other vegetables. 

22. As people grow their own vegetables  in their own greenhouses

23. As they share their own grown vegetables with their family and friends who were green-fingered 

24.  Autumn is the best month for making delicious desserts

25. Which spurs them to grow so more.

26. Which draws many people to their  allotments 

27. The allotment owners  were given a sense of purpose 

28. Autumn is my favourite season because I like seeing leaves on trees change colour 

29. Animals like deer red squirrels and other animals can be seen in the month of  Autumn.

30.   Autumn is an awesome month to see change happening.

31. European robins tweet and melodiously as they appear on UK shores as it tours around the UK.

32. Animals like the Hedgehogs, Barn owls are born in the month of Autumn

33. Flowers  like Rudbeckia are beautiful looking because yellow and red colours turn

34. Glorious looking linger around gardens up and down the country 

35. As we sit a warm cup of tea gives us some warmth in our bodies.

36.  As we begin to spend more time inside our homes and our phones.

37. As people fronts looking gorgeous with different flowers for their window boxes.

38. As we see some Foxes. 

39.  Autumn is a pleasant month to geogous things.

Brightness