I received a pip payment today, but haven't received a letter. Will I get a back payment soon? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I received a pip payment today, but haven't received a letter. Will I get a back payment soon?

natt46
natt46 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I received a pip payment in my bank today but I haven’t received a letter, will I get a back payment soon?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    HI,

If this is a new claim for PIP then the money you received in your bank will be backdated money that's owed to you. Usually you receive money first and then the decision letter comes later. In the decision letter it will have details of what date you will receive your next payment and then money is paid every 4 weeks. As well as what award you have. If you disagree with the decision you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • natt46
    ok thank you 
  • poppy123456
    You can also ring DWP on Monday to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. They open at 9am and the number is 0800 121 4433. There will potentially be a long wait for them to answer so the earlier you ring the better.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • natt46
    yes I’ll ring them dead on 9 am, also do you know what the lowest rate on pip is?
  • poppy123456

Personal Independence Payment weekly rates

Daily Living component

• Lower rate: £60.00
    • Higher rate: £89.60

Mobility component

• Lower rate: £23.70
    • Higher rate: £62.55

• natt46
    Thank you for your help 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community :) Have you been able to call them this morning @natt46
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.