I'm on LCW. I've just been awarded PIP. Will I automatically be put on LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm on LCW. I've just been awarded PIP. Will I automatically be put on LCWRA?

Options
frediboy15
frediboy15 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I have been on lwc for a year & a half.
ive just been awarded pip with the enhanced rate for mobility as I can Harley walk
eill I automatically be put on lwrca now I’ve been awarded pip? Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,226 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately not. PIP has nothing at all to do with LCWRA. They are two completely different benefits, with totally different criteria.
    However, you should still put a note on your journal to tell them that you have been awarded PIP. If your PIP includes the daily living part and you claim UC with a partner then your partner can report being a carer to you on their journal and they will receive the carers element in with your maximum UC entitlement.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • frediboy15
    frediboy15 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi thank you for the reply.
    I don’t have a partner but I do get the daily living component 
    could I get someone to claim the carers element to help me out with daily living ? Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,226 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A person can only claim the carers element if they claim Universal Credit. They must also care for you for at least 35 hours per week. 
    Someone could claim carers allowance if they care for you for at least 35 hours per week and not earn anymore than £128 per week after deductions. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.