Warm home discount. Has anyone else applied for it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Warm home discount. Has anyone else applied for it?

snailpace
snailpace Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
Hi, I just wanted to say that I have applied for the warm home discount yesterday. I have had it other years and it is a big help. Has anyone else applied for it?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    There was a discussion earlier in the week about WHD, it seems that it might now run till 2026.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I’ve applied and had no confirmation yet. My supplier only accepted applications for one week for the broader group. They sent an email recently to say they can only assist with approx 42 000 applications and they had 120 000 approx applications this year. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    My supplier hasn't opened applications yet but i've put my name down to be contacted when they do. They did the same last year and i applied the same day i was contacted and had the money on my energy account the same day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Yeah I used to be with BG and I was always sent a text on the day of applications opening. I have applied the previous 3 years and always got it. 

This year, I got the email as I mentioned above, apparently they use a random selection method approved by Ofgem. 
  • Elysium
    Elysium Scope Member Posts: 98 Pioneering
    Can I apply for this is if I live on a boat? Is it the same as the winter payment?
    They/them, Autistic, Vegan, Pan/Demi, Teacher, Antiracist, Artist
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    My supplier only grants WHD to customers on pension credit.  I'm hoping they're going to change the criteria.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure about boats, it's not the same as winter fuel payments.
    There are two groups, those on pension credit and the broader group on qualifying benefits.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Its paid by your energy supplier so I'm not sure how they could apply it to boats. I think the only way was if the boat was permanently moored and connect to utilities.
  • Penybont
    Penybont Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    I have applied for it back in August but for some reason British Gas takes 3 or 4 months to tell you if you got it or not.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Penybont said:
    I have applied for it back in August but for some reason British Gas takes 3 or 4 months to tell you if you got it or not.
    That will be the same as a lot of other energy suppliers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness