I've got LCWRA. Can I have a carer of which I can claim carer allowance for? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've got LCWRA. Can I have a carer of which I can claim carer allowance for?

Options
Kassim_1957
Kassim_1957 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi, can I ask a question plz 

Comments

• Kassim_1957
    Options
    I have been on LCWRA since January 2020, I would like to ask you if it’s possible that I can have a carer of which I can claim carer  allowance for? 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,204 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have been on LCWRA since January 2020, I would like to ask you if it’s possible that I can have a carer of which I can claim carer  allowance for? 

No, LCWRA doesn't entitle anyone to claim Carers Allowance for looking after you. For this you must be receiving either PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kassim_1957 - & welcome to the community. I hope Poppy's reply has answered your query. You can't claim Carer's Allowance, rather another who may care for you. However, as Poppy says, there are certain eligibility criteria. Please see the following for confirmation: https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

• Kassim_1957
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reply 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was told by dwp that because LCWRA is a higher payment than carers allowance it wouldn't benefit me as I am a carer to my mum 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I was told by dwp that because LCWRA is a higher payment than carers allowance it wouldn't benefit me as I am a carer to my mum 
    That is correct. You cannot receive both the LCWRA element and the carer element of UC so if you are entitled to LCWRA you are paid that because it is worth more.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Kassim_1957
    Options
    Many Thanks for the valued informations 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.