My Sad poem — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Sad poem

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger

Poem called Loss

My heart is feeling heavy 

As we are grieving a loss family member on mom's side

As tried to give others the strength to get through this difficult time

As we prime our self to carry our lives

As wipe our eyes dry

You will also remain in our hearts

We have to  start the grieving process

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for your loss @Globster, if this is written from personal experience. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope
    This is my personal experience

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @Globster. Please take your time in healing from the loss. We will be thinking of you and here to support you if you need our support  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    @L_Volunteer
    Thank you appreciate your kind words and Scope on going support

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster

You are more than welcome. We can all empathise with how difficult grieving can unfortunately be. I love a particular line of lyrics from Ed Sheeran's song Supermarket Flowers which is "a heart that is broken is a heart that has been loved so I will sing hallelujah". I always reflect on positive memories of the person I lost when I hear these lyrics. You will be okay, just make sure you take the time you need, look after yourself and get some rest :) And give yourself permission to eat your favourite foods! My favourite food was chocolate when I was grieving. What are your favourite foods?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    I feel my poetry writing help me deal with the grieving process but I appreciate the online scope community through this difficult time

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    @Globster..Sorry for your loss....In my life...it has been loss of Family that has me lifting the pen.
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @Globster

Glad to hear you think writing poetry and communicating with us in the Scope community will support you through your difficult time! Hope you feel better soon  :) As always, we are here for you. However, I know writing for ourselves can be easier sometimes. Just do what you feel will help you the most! 

• L_Volunteer
    Hi @Justcheckingin15

Thanks for providing support and empathy. I hope you are ok too!

Brightness