Is there a backlog for UC? I filled my UC50 out in June, and haven't heard about an assessment yet — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there a backlog for UC? I filled my UC50 out in June, and haven't heard about an assessment yet

Kaddy
Kaddy Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, I am new here, I first sent my Med3 to UC online in May 2021 filled in the UC50 in June, and have not heard anything from them, is there a huge backlog? (I have read some of the other posts and seems they got assessment quite quickly) I have rang the assessment people and told I’m on a list, would you know how long the wait is please? Thank you

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    There are backlogs. Waiting times vary so there is no definitive answer to your question.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    There are backlogs yes and some areas are worse than others. I'm afraid we won't be able to tell you how long that waiting list is your area. Once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kaddy
    Thank you for your replies, like you have said waiting period is probably different in different areas. I read that pip and UC are not connected, my pip renewal was due March 22 after I applied for lcwra I was sent a pip review to fill in, I’m now wondering if UC are waiting on my pip award? Have you heard of that before?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Kaddy said:..my pip renewal was due March 22 after I applied for lcwra I was sent a pip review to fill in, I’m now wondering if UC are waiting on my pip award? 
    Coincidence.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP and the work capability assessment are two completely different benefits with different criteria and one isn't conected to the other. So no, they won't be waiting for your PIP decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kaddy
    Thank you both have a nice evening

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.