Hi, my name is BlackBetty73! I really need an answer about a change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is BlackBetty73! I really need an answer about a change of circumstances

BlackBetty73
BlackBetty73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
In July 2020 I applied for a change of circumstances due to worsened health and waited until 3rd March 2021 for my assessment as I wanted to legally record my assessment. The outcome of my assessment was to be kept on standard rate only so did a mandatory reconsideration which was unsuccessful so applied for a tribunal which I got a date for only 4 weeks later.
My tribunal was last Monday 20th September and I won - enhanced rate for both components but I'm only being paid from 29th March 2021 and not from when I requested the forms. Is this correct? I was under the impression that if you get awarded your change of circumstances you get paid from the date you requested your forms

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

When reporting a change of circumstances providing you had the worsening of condition for at least 3 months before you reported the changes then yes it's backdated to the date you rang.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.