Back Payment. When should my father expect his back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back Payment. When should my father expect his back pay?

Options
liseyhw
liseyhw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all,

I helped my father apply for PIP back in March, he has some health conditions that effect his memory and get very anxious so I deal with most of his affairs, he finally got an assessment on 6th September. We asked for a copy of the report and received it last Thursday. We were both happy with his report as it was a true reflection of what he needs and what care he requires. I called yesterday to see if a decision has been made, the lady on the phone told me the award had been given on Friday 24th Sept and a letter has been sent out but couldn’t give me any further info. Can I ask when he should expect to be paid his back pay please? I’ve been helping my father with finances recently as he has been short each month with paying for care etc. So would be good to know for peace of mind. 

This forum has helped me so much over this process so thank you wonderful people!

Comments

• holly8323
    holly8323 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    hi i just phoned for a update on my claim. they said descion was made on the 24th and my backpay will be in the bank on thursday this week. so maybe ypurs will be around the same. 
  • Snow92
    Snow92 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    you should receive it within 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    liseyhw said:
    Hello all,

I helped my father apply for PIP back in March, he has some health conditions that effect his memory and get very anxious so I deal with most of his affairs, he finally got an assessment on 6th September. We asked for a copy of the report and received it last Thursday. We were both happy with his report as it was a true reflection of what he needs and what care he requires. I called yesterday to see if a decision has been made, the lady on the phone told me the award had been given on Friday 24th Sept and a letter has been sent out but couldn’t give me any further info. Can I ask when he should expect to be paid his back pay please? I’ve been helping my father with finances recently as he has been short each month with paying for care etc. So would be good to know for peace of mind. 

This forum has helped me so much over this process so thank you wonderful people!

If a decision had been made on 24th it takes 24 hours for them to be able to see it so when you rang yesterday it may not have been 24 hours at that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • liseyhw
    liseyhw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    holly8323 said:
    hi i just phoned for a update on my claim. they said descion was made on the 24th and my backpay will be in the bank on thursday this week. so maybe ypurs will be around the same. 
    Thank you, hopefully it will be. Good luck with everything ☺️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.