Applying for lcwra with little evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for lcwra with little evidence

Options
cpnan
cpnan Community member Posts: 48 Connected
Hi, has anyone been awarded lcwra without much evidence?  

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I didn’t send any evidence along with my form, I was then assessed by a doctor over the phone and awarded lcwra the same week. Although Iam yet to receive any payments
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Depends what you mean my evidence. Plenty of LCWRA elements get awarded on the back of good anecdotal evidence alone. 

Yes indeed, my last WCA in 2020 was paper based purely on anecdotal evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    Yes definetely I had mine with no evidence apart from what I wrote on the UC50 form
  • dogdogdog
    dogdogdog Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    The first time I was assessed it was entirely based on what I said in the assessment & I did not provide any evidence. I didn't even fill in the form well because I had no idea what it was for at the time. 
  • cpnan
    Options
    Thank you for all replies.  I have a report from my psychiatric assessment that I could send and I can hopefully get a copy of my current prescription showing the meds I take.  I have received the UC50 form today, but am finding it very overwhelming and there is not much space to write in.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's never enough of room on any of those forms to write everything you need to. I used my computer to type all my information and then printed it off. You should also make sure you keep copies of everything you send and if you send evidence make sure you send copies only.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cpnan
    Options
    how would I do it on computer please?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You would need a printer for this because you'll need to print out what you've typed. If you have one then use a word program like open office. (which is free)
    There's also a UC50 form available online that you can type your answers into and then print it off but you need to make sure that you don't have the words too small because they need to be able to read it. The form is here. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/985609/uc50-interactive.pdf
    Or on the form you can just write a small amount and then put "please see extra sheets of A4 for more information"
    When filling out the form you need to make sure you put as much information as possibe about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each one that applies will also help. Adding information such as what happened, where you were, who (if anyone) seen it and what the consequences were.

• cpnan
    Options
    Thank you so much for the information x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.