Lcwra reassesments. My assessment is 1 year overdue. Why might this be? Should I phone them? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra reassesments. My assessment is 1 year overdue. Why might this be? Should I phone them?

Options
here97
here97 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, my assesment is one year overdue. Does anybody know why? Should I phone them to know when my reassesment will be? Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice please. Thanking you in advance 

Comments

• here97
    Options
    I mean my reassesment is overdue. Help please
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

We are currently in the middle of a pandemic and there's huge backlogs because assessments were stopped for quite sometime. Your LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision's been made. When you're referred for a review you will have a message on your journal, until that happens there's nothing for you to do.
    Please try to relax for now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • here97
    Options
    Thank you for your reply poppy. My anxiety is making it difficult for me to relax but I will try. Do you think I should contact them? Thisay give me peace of mind but I always hate the process of assesments so am In two minds
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s no need to contact anyone. Your LCWRA is ongoing anyway. 
    Even in normal times the timescale they give you is just a guide. If there was a time limit on it then it would be different. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can imagine this would cause you some anxiety @here97, but I hope that poppy123456's reply has put your mind at ease a little? 

Are you receiving any support for your anxiety? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.