pip back pay due to social prompting law do you get it on dla — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip back pay due to social prompting law do you get it on dla

steph85
steph85 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there , i get dla for my daughter and in regards to the new pip law change and back payments , i was wondering does any one know if you will get the back payment for the social prompting part as my daughter has asd and adhd and has always needed this prompting but going threw my paper work i noticed she was only put on the enhanced rate in end of 2019 but not before which was standard rate so i believe she should have had enhanced from begining as she has had it all her life and its all confusing reading threw thank you x
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @steph85 hi and welcome to scope, can you clarify does your daughter get DLA or PIP ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• steph85
    hi there she is on dla 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    steph85 said:
    hi there she is on dla 

The rule changes apply to those claiming PIP not DLA. Your question is confusing because you mention she's on Enhanced and standard rate which indicates it's a PIP claim.
    Just to be clear if your daughter is under the age of 16 then it's definitely a DLA award and the prompting rules don't apply to DLA.
    If she's over the age of 16 then it's likely to be PIP in which the rules do apply but know one here will be able to tell you whether she's owed any backdated money. DWP are working they way through claims...eventually but this is going to take quite sometime to complete. She will be contacted in due course.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steph85
    OK lovely thank you , yeah she's under 16 but going threw paper work a few yrs ago she was getting the medium rate daily care now she is getting the higher rate care which is kinda why I was confused as her diagnosis and the help she needs has always been the same which is 24 7 , thank you for taking the time to reply to me and help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Glad i could help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.