Got back but when does regular monthly payment come? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got back but when does regular monthly payment come?

MaisieBoohoo
MaisieBoohoo Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I just checked bank account and a nice surprise greeted me with 25 weeks back pay. Doing the maths I can see they have gone along with assessors report and give me standard mobility and care.
so I applied at end of March, had assessment 27/8, letter saying they had all my info 2 + weeks ago and cash tomorrow.

I just wonder when will regular payments start?
one other quick question. I have an award for 2 years, and this is 1st time for receiving benefits. Do they contact me re renewal, if appropriate or should I contact them 10 months before renewal

thanks to everyone on site for so much fantastic advice and expertise…I’ve learnt a lot
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Great news your award letter will have details of your payment dates 

You should get renewal forms 6 months prior to award ending and they will send them out 
  • MaisieBoohoo
    great thanks for the info…a brief follow @janer1967…sorry.
    if they send out reminder but process takes longer, do you keep getting benfit til decision is made?
    thanks again
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The 6 months is normally plenty of time to be reassessed in normal times 
    Hopefully when your review is due there won't be the backlogs there are at present 

They send out review forms which I'd similar to your application form just shorter 

However treat it like a new claim don't just tick no change give details of how you are affected 

If your renewal isn't complete by time award ends then payment will end 

You can request review forms yourself if you think it will take longer but any new decision will cancel out the old award 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I just checked bank account and a nice surprise greeted me with 25 weeks back pay. Doing the maths I can see they have gone along with assessors report and give me standard mobility and care.
    so I applied at end of March, had assessment 27/8, letter saying they had all my info 2 + weeks ago and cash tomorrow.

I just wonder when will regular payments start?
    one other quick question. I have an award for 2 years, and this is 1st time for receiving benefits. Do they contact me re renewal, if appropriate or should I contact them 10 months before renewal

thanks to everyone on site for so much fantastic advice and expertise…I’ve learnt a lot

Great news. If you're going off the length of time that was recommended in the report, this isn't the decision letter so you won't know for sure how long your award is for until you receive this. Decision letters usually arrive after payment in your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MaisieBoohoo
    Thanks everyone for answers and advice. Will wait for letter now
    its a series of waits with PIP
    you wait for form to come, and send it off….you wait for assessment, the.n you wait for assessors report….then for a deposit in bank …then letter
    looking forward to not waiting to hear from DWP for a while…..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.