I've had 2 phone appointments booked for ESA, but nobody has bothered to ring. What should I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've had 2 phone appointments booked for ESA, but nobody has bothered to ring. What should I do?

debsterc
debsterc Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I'm debsterc I have had two phone appointments booked but with esa nobody has bothered to ring I don't know what to do its causing my anxiety to go through  the roof

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Is it the work capability assessment apointments that you're having problems with? Or DWP? If it's the former then you'll need to ring the Health Assessment Advisory Service who do these assessments and ask them and they will be able to tell what's happening. The number is 0800 288 8777. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debsterc
    Hi thank you i will ring them now .
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you been able to get through to them @debsterc?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • debsterc
    Hi yeah was told one of there colleagues would ring me back but guess what no phone call its really stressing me out now .
  • poppy123456
    I'm assuming this is regarding the work capability assessment? Assessments are well known to run over there time, especially if your appointment was for later in the day. I know this is no excuse because a phone call to tell you the appointment is cancelled would certainly help a little.
    They are closed now so it's unlikely they will ring you today. I'd advise trying to ring again first thing tomorrow when they open.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    edited October 2021
    @debsterc They did that to me on Monday, it sent my anxiety through the roof and made me very agitated, this is the third appointment they've cancelled.. I understand they have backlogs and such but it doesn't stop you from feeling anxious and such when they do this.

When my son called they told him someone should have called and that he would put a message through to the manager and someone would need to call and explain what had happened and that the next appointment would be booked at my convenience.

• debsterc
    Hi @Amathyst I know yeah I finally got a phone call yesterday I was told they are going to ring me today at 1 pm my anxiety is through the roof right now even though it's just to go through my claim I just want to get it over and done with .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2021
    @debsterc That's understandable, is it an actual assessment then?

Have you got someone who can be with you when they call, it might help a bit :)
  • debsterc
    @Amathyst no its a new claim so I think its just to go through it yeah my sister will be here hope it doesn't go on to long .
  • [Deleted User]
    @debsterc ahh ok, I hope it goes well and that it's not too stressful for you.
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2021
    debsterc said:
    @Amathyst no its a new claim so I think its just to go through it yeah my sister will be here hope it doesn't go on to long .

When i first posted your question i added that link above because i thought it was a work capability assessment phone call. As you didn't say it wasn't when i added that link above for the health assessment providers and advised you to ring them, i just continued to assume my thoughts were correct.
    How long ago did you claim? and have you received any payments from DWP yet? Have you also filled out this form yet? https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/975770/esa50-capability-for-work-questionnaire.pdf

• debsterc
    Hi poppy 123456 I put my claim in on the 8th September no I haven't filled the form in yet also I haven't had any payments yet however Esa are ringing me today sorry poppy I didn't make myself clear I have problems explaining things .
  • poppy123456
    debsterc said:
    Hi poppy 123456 I put my claim in on the 8th September no I haven't filled the form in yet also I haven't had any payments yet however Esa are ringing me today sorry poppy I didn't make myself clear I have problems explaining things .

Thanks for that. Then the call today will be very straight forward and is most likely to confirm your identity and should take no longer than about 5 minutes.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.