Paper based assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paper based assessment?

bb33
bb33 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
I had been waiting for a PIP assessment for several months, then out of the blue last week an assessor rang me and said he needed to clarify something.

He said that he thought I had under scored myself on one of the parts of my application and wanted to check if this was the case. 
I confirmed that I may have downplayed how unwell I am in my application and he agreed, then wished me luck and sympathised that I'm going through such a rough time.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?  Was this a paper based assessment? And does it sound like this means his report will go in my favour?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    A paper based assessment is rare but it does happen. Sometimes they may ring just to clarify a few things before the report can be written. Other times even after that phone call they may still not have enough of information. All you can do is wait. 
    The reason why it’s taking so long is because backlogs are huge, due to obvious reasons.
    Hopefully you’re not waiting too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @bb33 :) I hope that poppy123456's comment has put your mind at ease a little? We can't really predict what the outcome will be, but I hope that you end up with the award you're hoping for and that it doesn't take too long! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • bb33
    bb33 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you both,
    Yes this does put my mind at ease.
    I was just not expecting the call and for him to say that he thought I was under scoring myself really threw me off. He didn't ask about any of my other answers.
    I had a text afterwards saying my report had been submitted, fingers crossed.

Thanks again!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    it's human nature to sometimes underplay our problems.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    bb33 said:

I had a text afterwards saying my report had been submitted, fingers crossed.

I've never heard of anyone be refused with a paper based assessment. My daughter's had 2 and i had one both successfully awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.