pip tribunal help - Have I lost pip and the pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip tribunal help - Have I lost pip and the pip tribunal

Ali_lovesTheUK
Ali_lovesTheUK Community member Posts: 30 Connected
Hi all 
I wonder if any one can help me ?
I have a lot of paper work come back from  the pip tribunal but I have found this and is says about dismissing the pip tribunal   can some one please help with this as I;m super worried that I have lost the pip tribunal (please se nest post for photo 
I should point out that getting further proof for my mental  illness from my useless GP is very hard indeed and I just wondering what is my  next step and what else do I need to for the  pip tribunal
Mental Health Matters. 

Comments

• Ali_lovesTheUK
    Ali_lovesTheUK Community member Posts: 30 Connected

Mental Health Matters. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,337 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    No, you haven’t lost the Tribunal. What you have there is DWPs response and they appose the appeal which is perfectly normal. If they agreed there would be no need to appeal in the first place. What you have received is the “bundle.”
    As for evidence a GP isn’t the best person to ask because they won’t have any idea how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. 
    The best evidence you can send is your anecdotal evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    @poppy123456, I agree with you but also need to contact the person or persons that are treating you, like Mind or where you are getting support for your problems.
      The GP will only refer you to someone that has more experience in these matters.This means a GP means General Practitioner, but he knows a man who can help.  With the bundle received it only suports the Secretary of States Assessors report.  Have you asked for the qualifications and signed decleration from the report writer that s/he understands what will happen if when going to a Tribunal, the Tribunal finds that the report cannot be used because it is not of  a standard that can be used and is only an opinion?  
      As said write about how those points mentioned affect you daily as you have to be abe to complete them safely, repeatedly in a reasonable time that a normal person could do them and when necessary, to name some points,
      Example you have walking problems and you have an up stairs toilet, can you climb the stairs safely and when you need to go, how long does it take to get out of bed and become mobile.
      can you walk 5 meters, 10 meters, 50 meters?  safely with or with out aids?  do you understand how far 10 meters is?  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,337 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456, I agree with you but also need to contact the person or persons that are treating you, like Mind or where you are getting support for your problems.
    Nope, not unless that evidence states exactly how your conditions affect you.
      With the bundle received it only suports the Secretary of States Assessors report.
    You say what? Ummm, there's no such thing. The bundle contains everything you sent, including the assessment report.
     Have you asked for the qualifications and signed decleration from the report writer that s/he understands what will happen if when going to a Tribunal,
    Nope a HCP doesn't need any qualifications or experience in any specific conditions. Why would they need to understand what happens at a Tribunal? It has nothing at all to do with any HCP.

Example you have walking problems and you have an up stairs toilet, can you climb the stairs safely and when you need to go

That's not correct either. Climbing the stairs to go to the toilet is not considered. See link. https://pipinfo.net/activities/managing-toilet-needs-or-incontinence

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.