Has anyone here managed to come off Venlafaxine successfully and how did the reduction go? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone here managed to come off Venlafaxine successfully and how did the reduction go?

Options
LMcK
LMcK Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am nearly 70 and started taking sweats,(just like menopausal sweats.) This has been investigated and they couldn't find a cause. However, it was suggested that my Venlafaxine may be causing this.
I agreed to start a reduction 2 weeks ago but I am concerned how this gradual reduction will affect me.
Has anyone here managed to come off Venlafaxine successfully and how did the reduction go?
Thank you.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LMcK

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Unfortunately, we do not offer medical advice here at Scope. However, it sounds tough for you that you have been experiencing symptoms that you say could be side effects. The only advice I have for you is to continue to work with your GP on this! You could ask them about how it could affect you. In the meantime, we do offer a supportive space and we would be more than happy to help you with anything else you need our support with. Please do not hesitate to contact us again and I will look forward to seeing you around on the forum!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Every case is different but I find being patient and not trying to lower too quickly leaves me with no problems whatsoever.
    A lot of the times I hear of people having a bad time coming off anything it's because they've done it too quickly, they've decided the only thing is to get this drug out of their system ASAP.
    I've always stopped things gradually and never had a single problem.
    Take care.
  • LMcK
    LMcK Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies.
    Cress, I'm very grateful for your encouraging comments - I will take it slowly.?

Brightness