Has Covid affected your memory? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has Covid affected your memory?

Options
Supernanma
Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited October 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
I suffer from short term memory loss anyway since my nervous breakdown, but since covid started, and I don't really have anyone to talk too, my memory has become really bad. I struggle with words and spellings too. It hasn't helped that an elderly neighbour, told me that just because I lived a sad unworthy life, she wasn't going too. She said I had been bossy too. It's really hurt my feelings. I don't see lots of people, but my life isn't sad, nor unworthy. I enjoy my own company but I really do need to talk to people to use my brain... Or what's left of it! So has anyone else found that their memory has gone a bit mushy? 
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do find I have lost a few words here and there and names of people on tv defeat me sometimes. It’s to be expected to some degree as we age however stimulation is the key, write to us on here whenever you like about anything you like bearing in mind the house rules. As the tea bag said to the coffee bean “express yourself!” ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,861 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     As the tea bag said to the coffee bean “express yourself!” ? @leeCal love that. 
    @Supernanma just ignore your neighbour  nothing to do with them, they'd soon moan if you started having wild parties. 

Brightness