First LCWRA payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

First LCWRA payment?

Beansprout
Beansprout Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hey lovely people,

I’ve just been classed as having LCWRA and was a bit confused and overwhelmed while trying to work out if I’d receive my payment this month or not.

I declared my health condition on June 6th and sent my first sick note starting June 14th. I am paid on the 13th of each month and receive my statement on the 9th.

I understand there’s the 3 month gap between medical evidence and your first payment, but I’m just a bit confused about whether I’ll get it this month (Oct) or not.

Thanks so so much ❤️

Comments

• Beansprout
     The amount you get is based on your circumstances from 7 September to 6 October 2021.”
    I’m guessing this is my assessment period? Sorry I just get so flustered! ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    AP is 7th to 6th of month.
    You reported your condition in the May - June AP.
    The waiting period is the three months June - July, July - August and Aug - Sept. 
    LCWRA payable for Sept - October so I would expect you to get it this month.

Your Fit Note starting on 14th June is actually a day late because you can only self certify for 7 days but hopefully this will not be a problem.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Beansprout
    calcotti said:
    AP is 7th to 6th of month.
    You reported your condition in the May - June AP.
    The waiting period is the three months June - July, July - August and Aug - Sept. 
    LCWRA payable for Sept - October so I would expect you to get it this month.

Your Fit Note starting on 14th June is actually a day late because you can only self certify for 7 days but hopefully this will not be a problem.
    Fingers crossed! Thank you so much. I was panicking because I wasn’t sure if it was from the date of the health change or the date of my first sick note.

• Beansprout
    Aaaahh now someone else has told me that it’s from the date of the sick note and not the date of the health change so it won’t be until November.
    I’m so confused ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Aaaahh now someone else has told me that it’s from the date of the sick note and not the date of the health change so it won’t be until November.
    I’m so confused ?
    As advised in my post it's from that date you report the health condition provided you supply a Fit Note within 7 days. Your Fit Note is a day late but hopefully UC will not make an issue of this in which case the dates are as advised earlier. Your payment statement will be on your journal in the next few days so you will see what they have included.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.