When i thought nothing else would rattle my cage....jeeezzz — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When i thought nothing else would rattle my cage....jeeezzz

Roddy123
Roddy123 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
After the most dreadful two years of unrelenting pressure coupled with bereavement something else knocked me down.
10 weeks ago i was working in my garden,a garden which is steep and full of interest,I slipped on wet leaves ,fell badly,and smashed my left shoulder and elbow onto a concrete path,but silly me did'nt attend the local hospital until 3 days later,thinking it would just go away,but how wrong was I ,the pain has been horrendous,and after an Xray it was discovered i had broken my shoulder and arm badly,and was given morphine patches and pills,but the side effects have been dreadful,i was hulucinating and talking absolute rubbish,but also the pain did not subside,and has gotten worse and managing only 1 or 2 hours sleep a night.
I finally contacted my GP and he told me to stop the morphine immediately,and he prescribed a different pain killer,which in truth is doing very little,I also had heard nothing about the follow up i was promised,but my GP did get on the case,and then i heard to go for an appointment at Southmead Hospital near Bristol which is 30 miles away,BUT i cannot drive right now due to this accident,and i knew no one who could take me,no busses or transport anywhere near me,so i had to cancel ,they have since sent me another appointment for next week,and again i was in panic mode,however,with lots of searching i found a care site which will run me to hospital,and they have been very helpful and have transport now organised,but my goodness what a pulava ,its been a right mucking fuddle.
I truly thought i was going crazy,and the constant pain really is terrible,and if anyone else tells me to put up with it i will bash them with my feather duster.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,777 Disability Gamechanger
    @Roddy123 goodness roddy you don't do things by half. Have you looked into hospital transport usually booked by drs receptionist. They will pick you up at home and then to the Hospital and back.  Also if you have to pay for travel this can be reclaimed like a bus etc. I read you've managed to get transport but these are other options too.
    Hopefully you mend soon.
  • Roddy123
    Roddy123 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    edited October 2021
    thankyou Sandy123....i am booked with a local care transporter ,and they pick me up and wait to take me home,all for £25 which i think is reasonable.And no i never do things by half...lol.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,777 Disability Gamechanger
    At least you got it all sorted that's not a bad price to be honest, the NHS transporter for none urgent transfers are free. Good luck on your appointment 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,841 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry your going through so much pain, glad you got sorted with your travel, hope you get some better help
    Take care

Brightness