Will my LCWRA be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my LCWRA be backdated?

Shazzron
Shazzron Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi
my names is Sharon I’m new to chat not sure if I can get a answer to my question here goes briefly 
i had a health assessment over the phone Dec 2020 they then did another health assessment over the phone sept 2021 they informed me via my universal credit journal end sept 2021I have been awarded the full lcwra does anyone know when and if my benefit will be backdated to if any ?
thanks in advance if anyone can help as they not forthcoming with any answer
thanks in advance  

Comments

• Shazzron
    edited October 2021
    Hi my names is Sharon first time using a site like this not sure what to ask or expect 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi @Shazzron welcome to the forum.  Join in with any of the topics or make your own. We're a very supportive group and there is always someone to natter to here.
    Are you having a health assessment?
  • arbfy2
    arbfy2 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Ask the DWP or your local Welfare Rights
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    You should get the LCWRA element paid from the fourth full assessment period following the date you reported your health condition (provided you have supplied continuous Fit Notes since then).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • arbfy2
    arbfy2 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    This is not my topic - I answered the query
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    arbfy2 said:
    Ask the DWP or your local Welfare Rights
    I would not recommend asking DWP. They often get it wrong, better to ask someone else so that you know whether or not you need to challenge the DWP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shazzron - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining, Sharon. :)  Do please ask any questions you want as usually someone can advise. You might also like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' for a chat, & join in with some word games. Here's the link: https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    arbfy2 said:
    Ask the DWP
    When ringing DWP you are actually ringing a call centre and not DWP theirself. They often have very limited  benefit knowledge so they are the last people that anyone should ask  for benfits advice because that's not what they are there for.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shazzron
    Hi thanks 
    i have been sending in sick notes from Nov 2019 
    Getting ssp 
    then started claiming u/c in Feb 2020
    ssp expired May 2020
    first heath assessment Dec 2020
    second heath assessment sept
    just a bit confused as some are saying I will get it backdated to when I notified u/c of my illness 
    some say only to my first assessment in Dec minus three months I just can’t get a straight answer any input will be great thanks 
  • Shazzron
    hi yes I have been sending in fit notes continuously from    Jan2020
          first assessment Dec 2020
    second assessment  sept 2021 
    I have been notified that I have been awarded 
    lcwra via my u/c journal but no more information I just wanted to know if I will get it backdated and if so when it will be backdated to any input will be greatly appreciated 
    thanks 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2021
    Shazzron said:
    Hi thanks 
    i have been sending in sick notes from Nov 2019 
    Getting ssp 
    then started claiming u/c in Feb 2020
    ssp expired May 2020
    first heath assessment Dec 2020
    second heath assessment sept
    just a bit confused as some are saying I will get it backdated to when I notified u/c of my illness 
    some say only to my first assessment in Dec minus three months I just can’t get a straight answer any input will be great thanks 

Sending in fit notes to your GP for the SSP doesn't count for the work capability assessment.  If you reported your health condition when you first claimed UC and sent a fit note within 7 days of that then your LCWRA element is payable from either June or July 2020. As advised, there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time. Then the extra money is paid from the 4th month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Shazzron
    Hi yes I started claiming u/credit in jan2020 
    u/credit awarded fromFeb 2020
    I have been sending in fit notes continuously to u/credit since then and still am 
    my first health assessment was Dec 2020
    my second heath assessment 
    was sept 2021 
    I was informed via my u/c journal that I have been awarded lcwra would you know will they backdate my payment and if so when it will be backdated too your advice would be great thank you 
  • poppy123456
    You first said you started claiming in Feb 2020. Now you say Jan 2020. as advised, there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time so based on this information your LCWRA will be paid from either May or June 2020. Without knowing the exact date you started you claim we can't tell you exactly when it's awarded from.
    It can take a few weeks to receive backdated money. They first have to recalculate your past statements to work out how much they owe you.

• Shazzron
    Thanks poppy123456
    yes that’s correct I started my claim in jan and got paid Feb 2020
    i get paid 7 of every month 
    my assessment period is 1-31 every month sorry for the confusion thanks for all your wonderful help and advice 
    I was only looking for a possible month and year I will get it backdated from do you normally get a letter explaining how much I will get and when it will be backdated to? Sorry I’m just new to this and can’t get a answer from u/c 
    thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    Based on the information the LCWRA element is owed from May 2020. You will eventually receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe but this can take a few weeks. It is paid as a lump sum but separate to your Usual monthly payment.

If you want to keep your current statements then you'll need to take screenshots now because once they are recalculated you will lose the current ones and they will be replaced with new ones.
  • Shazzron
    Thanks again for all your wonderful help that answers my question sorry for the confusion 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.