Hi My name is Adam. I have very mild learning difficulties and HDD. I'm looking to make friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi My name is Adam. I have very mild learning difficulties and HDD. I'm looking to make friends

Addy96
Addy96 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in Start here and say hello!
I have very mild learning difficulties and HDD- I’m 26, So desperate to make friends or someone to talk to, I have tried so hard to make friends, and love going out and doing all sorts of activities!!..I moved from England to Scotland in 2016, and really struggled living in the country, I am willing to chat to anyone face to face on the phone, just any kind of communication, I have today asked my mum to help me with this…Please contact me.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Hi @Addy96

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see that you have joined us. I am hoping you can make friends, we are a supportive group and many of us have learning difficulties. If you are interested in communicating with others with similar experiences, we have a learning difficulties discussion section at https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-difficulties. I hope this link helps! We also have much broader discussions, such as the coffee lounge. The coffee lounge is a great place if you enjoy general conversations and games. Just out of interest, what activities do you enjoy? If you have any questions or anything else you would like our support with, please do not hesitate to let us know. I will look forward to seeing you around on the forum  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Addy96 - welcome to this online community. Thank you for joining & telling us about yourself.....great that your Mum helped. You might also like to have a look at the following link. They have an online community & it's a place for disabled people to make friends (as well as here :) ). Please see: https://outsiders.org.uk/club/the-outsiders-club/
    The following may also be helpful, depending where in Scotland you live: https://www.befriendershighland.org.uk/
    You might also have a look at your council's website as often they have activities & different opportunities to meet other people.
    I look forward to hearing from you again, & please do let us know how you get on. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me as well @Addy96 :) It can be difficult moving somewhere new when you don't know many people there. You mentioned having tried to meet new people- what have you tried so far? 

Have you had a chance to take a look around the community yet? Let us know how you get on, and feel free to join in with any discussions that interest you. As @L_Volunteer has mentioned, the coffee lounge is a great place to chat with new people about whatever you're interested in. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Eafs1985
    Eafs1985 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Hi Adam welcome to the group

Brightness