James Bond Film — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

James Bond Film

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Hi all 

I went to see the new bond film No time to die at the weekend 

Won't give anything away but thought it was worth watching and gave different side of bond than seen in other
films 
Would recommend going to see it

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @janer1967

Thanks for your post. I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed watching the new bond film! It sounds like a great weekend treat. Thanks for recommending it to others who may not have seen the new bond film yet. Hopefully, others can now enjoy it too  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm looking forward to it but can't do cinemas.  I've been wondering when it'll be released on DVD.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi @OverlyAnxious

Thanks for getting involved in our discussion about Bond's movie. According to Amazon (UK), Bond's DVD called 'no time to die' (2021) is due to be released on the 31st of December! You can also pre-order if you would like to. I hope you are also able to access it soon :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    Hi @OverlyAnxious

Thanks for getting involved in our discussion about Bond's movie. According to Amazon (UK), Bond's DVD called 'no time to die' (2021) is due to be released on the 31st of December! You can also pre-order if you would like to. I hope you are also able to access it soon :D
    Do you reckon I can get to Dec 31st without any spoilers?  :D

That seems a weird date to release it though, would have thought they'd release it before xmas so people could buy it as a present.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious I won't put any spoilers on 

There are rules I think about when a film can be released on dvd which is showing at the cinema so that could be why it's not being released before christmas
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m sure it’ll be on Sky Store soon enough they usually try getting them on quick but cost a bomb.
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    I watched spectre yesterday which was good that was film before this one off to cinema tomoz to watch the new one can’t wait 
  • OverlyAnxious
    bg844 said:
    I’m sure it’ll be on Sky Store soon enough they usually try getting them on quick but cost a bomb.
    Oh right, I don't have Sky anyway. :)
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    I have Sky (It keeps me from going sane haha) but I’m pretty sure Sky Store is on Google online or on a TV stick or whatever they’re called. I wasn’t trying to be rude with that comment lol.
  • nannymaroon
    nannymaroon Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    bg844 said:
    I have Sky (It keeps me from going sane haha) but I’m pretty sure Sky Store is on Google online or on a TV stick or whatever they’re called. I wasn’t trying to be rude with that comment lol.
    Now TV Has most sky channels. It costs around a tenner a month to subscribe the movie channels
    It's easier to be nice🙂
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @OverlyAnxious,

Haha, I think you would have to avoid the internet and the media more generally to avoid spoilers! I think it will be a tough challenge. Absolutely agree with you though that I thought it would be before Christmas! Hopefully, they will realise what we have already realised and move it forwards  :D

• L_Volunteer
    edited October 2021
    Hi @abbyk41,

How did you find the previous movie? I hope you also enjoy the new Bond film. Good luck, I will look forward to hearing how you find it!  :)

• OverlyAnxious
    edited October 2021
    Hi @OverlyAnxious,

Haha, I think you would have to avoid the internet and the media more generally to avoid spoilers! I think it will be a tough challenge. Absolutely agree with you though that I thought it would be before Christmas! Hopefully, they will realise what we have already realised and move it forwards  :D
    Just checked again and they have indeed moved the release date to before Christmas.  It's now Dec 20th at HMV & Amazon.  :smiley:

No Time to Die | DVD | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    I love the bond franchise more so the old ones rather than the new, but still very much enjoy them. I can't goto the cinema though as its a place I would class as a worst nightmare of mine due to sensory issues. So I can't wait for it to be available on amazon.

The reviews I've heard too make me want to watch it more so can't wait to see it later this year.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    We went to see the new bond and loved it, i think amazon have bought the rights to the bond movies so it'll be on prime soon i would imagine, my favourite bond was Roger Moore growing up, but i love them all really, i have them on bluray and go through them a couple of times a year

Brightness